03-05-2017 12:09 PM
44 12
tools
    Every since Nougat beta 4, my battery life has been subpar at best. I've cleared cache but I'm unwilling to do a factory reset.
    Attached Thumbnails Dismal Battery Life-screenshot_20170225-152317.jpg  
    02-25-2017 03:43 PM
    Every since Nougat beta 4, my battery life has been subpar at best. I've cleared cache but I'm unwilling to do a factory reset.
    Welcome to the club. I am done trying to figure it out. That's why moving forward, it's only iPhone and Pixel for me. At least when their is a problem, it is remedied rather quickly.I am also unwilling to do a factory reset.
    02-25-2017 03:48 PM
    The obvious culprit is Messenger. Did you try uninstalling, clearing the cache, restart phone and them install again?
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    02-25-2017 03:49 PM
    I've read that someplace else. I will try it. Thanks
    02-25-2017 03:52 PM
    The obvious culprit is Messenger. Did you try uninstalling, clearing the cache, restart phone and them install again?
    Honestly, no I have not. My Gear S2 has the same battery drain issue.
    02-25-2017 06:45 PM
    I forgot to upload these images.
    Attached Thumbnails Dismal Battery Life-screenshot_20170225-152252.jpg  
    02-25-2017 06:46 PM
    Okay, just a tip. Reset your app permissions. That fixed it for me. I also wiped chache partition too.
    02-25-2017 06:56 PM
    The beta in general was bad on battery for me. Just go back to stable software. You're complaining about software that is in beta
    02-25-2017 07:00 PM
    The beta in general was bad on battery for me. Just go back to stable software. You're complaining about software that is in beta
    I've downloaded the finished Nougat version. I've also wiped my cache right after the update completed.
    steelers1 likes this.
    02-25-2017 07:31 PM
    I don't think it's just a Nougat thing. My phone is dismal on MM. I can't wait to get rid of this thing. Love the phone, but the battery has been pathetic. The 8 better be at least as good as my N7 was or I may consider the new LG. For me its the Android System and kernel that are eating the battery. Knox has taken 15% just in itself through the day.
    02-25-2017 08:44 PM
    I don't think it's just a Nougat thing. My phone is dismal on MM. I can't wait to get rid of this thing. Love the phone, but the battery has been pathetic. The 8 better be at least as good as my N7 was or I may consider the new LG. For me its the Android System and kernel that are eating the battery. Knox has taken 15% just in itself through the day.
    I understand. I had the woes for years on android. The first android phone that didn't have crazy battery drain background or otherwise is the Nexus 6P. I had bad luck with my first s7 edge too. I think I just got lucky this time around. Not to mention Samsung just replaced my battery because it was overheating... works great now.
    02-25-2017 10:12 PM
    I understand. I had the woes for years on android. The first android phone that didn't have crazy battery drain background or otherwise is the Nexus 6P. I had bad luck with my first s7 edge too. I think I just got lucky this time around. Not to mention Samsung just replaced my battery because it was overheating... works great now.
    And this is my 2nd s7e because I told them the battery on the first one sucked. It seems that it turns out that its just Samsung's battery sucking apps. Again, can't wait to get rid of this phone. For the past 5 years I'd make it through a 10h shift in the ER getting there with a charged phone and leaving around 60%. Same with my N7. My S7E is routinely down in the 40% range by the time I leave. I always thought carrying a charger was a joke and laughed at all of the iPhone people. Now I always having one and usually use it mid shift. I'll give the S8 its 2 week trial period and if its still doing something similar I'm going to jump ship.
    02-25-2017 10:16 PM
    Im having great battery life on nougat.

Like i said b4 try reseting app permissions...and at 29% its pretty easy to spot the issue. Wiping chache partition might help to.
    02-26-2017 03:33 PM
    Do you reset them with the bottom option here?

02-26-2017 04:03 PM
    Do you reset them with the bottom option here?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5b65dd0138.jpg
    Yeah thats what i did.
    02-26-2017 04:29 PM
    Welcome to the club. I am done trying to figure it out. That's why moving forward, it's only iPhone and Pixel for me. At least when their is a problem, it is remedied rather quickly.I am also unwilling to do a factory reset.
    I moved forward last month and threw my s7 edge in my drawer and bought a pixel. It's amazing. I NEVER look at my battery stats...Why? Because I don't have to! The phone functions how it should and I haven't shut a damn thing off to "preserve" battery life. I have white backgrounds on everything because I don't need a dark background to conserve battery since it is managed so well by the software.

Adios sammy
    02-26-2017 04:32 PM
    Yeah thats what i did.
    And that fixed a bunch of things?
    02-26-2017 04:40 PM
    Im having great battery life on nougat. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...32674128f3.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ba0a79dad6.jpg

Like i said b4 try reseting app permissions...and at 29% its pretty easy to spot the issue. Wiping chache partition might help to.
    Do you have the Exynos version and are you mostly on wifi? Right now I can only get 3hours of SOT from a full charge not from just 40%. Nougat is terrible for my battery life you must be a magician.
    02-26-2017 05:15 PM
    Do you have the Exynos version and are you mostly on wifi? Right now I can only get 3hours of SOT from a full charge not from just 40%. Nougat is terrible for my battery life you must be a magician.
    I was on wifi for atleast an hour. I have a setting that turns it off wherever the hpone is dozing (wifi saves battery when in use but can drain more overall) i also turn on gps as needes and check for e-mails myself and dont and the phone do it automatically. Im snapdragon. Cell signal also plays a big role.
    02-26-2017 06:04 PM
    And that fixed a bunch of things?
    For me it did. I make no claims that itll help you. It can be a app running rampant in the background and not letting the phone sleep. In ops case it seems to be just an app causing problems.
    02-26-2017 06:05 PM
    For me it did. I make no claims that itll help you. It can be a app running rampant in the background and not letting the phone sleep. In ops case it seems to be just an app causing problems.
    For me it says that all the power is going to the kernel and the OS. All of the apps are like 3% or less. Not sure if resetting the stuff would affect the OS part of things. Although it can't possible make my battery suck more (I'd hope)
    02-26-2017 09:34 PM
    For me it says that all the power is going to the kernel and the OS. All of the apps are like 3% or less. Not sure if resetting the stuff would affect the OS part of things. Although it can't possible make my battery suck more (I'd hope)
    Im not entirely sure what android os includes into its calculations. Is your phone sleeping? Did it start happening after nougat? There are allot of things that come into play whe trying to diagnose drain. It could be wifi or Apps like Facebook and messenger are know battery killers. Also, try wiping cache partition.

Edit: despite apps claiming that they are draining a low amount some apps call on things from google services. I dont deeply understand how it all works. But as some one posted earlier if you have bad cell signal your phone has to work harder to keep its signal. Take standby into consideration as well when lookingat your overall battery life.

Side note: reseting app permission also seemed to eneble apps that where previously disabled. Just make sure you disable them again.
    02-26-2017 10:20 PM
    I moved forward last month and threw my s7 edge in my drawer and bought a pixel. It's amazing. I NEVER look at my battery stats...Why? Because I don't have to! The phone functions how it should and I haven't shut a damn thing off to "preserve" battery life. I have white backgrounds on everything because I don't need a dark background to conserve battery since it is managed so well by the software.
    That sounds exactly like my S7E! I've never owned a phone, including Googles last flagship phone (6P), that even came close to doing such an excellent job of managing battery life. This S7E just blows me away how good it is on battery life with no real tweaks, no rooting, no doze apps, etc.
    02-27-2017 07:27 AM
    That sounds exactly like my S7E! I've never owned a phone, including Googles last flagship phone (6P), that even came close to doing such an excellent job of managing battery life. This S7E just blows me away how good it is on battery life with no real tweaks, no rooting, no doze apps, etc.
    I'm actually referring to my pixel, not s7e. If you read it over again I said I threw my s7e in the drawer because of how bad the battery is managed on Samsung software.
    02-27-2017 07:40 AM
    I am convinced it all has to do with software and cell signal. Luck of the draw with what gets installed and how it behaves over time. My S7E started out great for 4 months and then started draining more and more over time. Just like every Android I have owned. It is long over due for a factory reset and start over but I have been waiting for Nougat to do that. It is always the Android System and kernel that sucks the most battery and no way to pin point it any further.
    02-27-2017 08:17 AM
44 12