12-21-2017 02:16 PM
129 1234 ...
tools
    Yep sucks. Text messaging now requires extra taps have to select the contact then select compose. My audio through AUXILIARY port is now only playing through one speaker in my car. The volume level was to low to begin with. iPhone sound is so much louder. I'll be switching to iPhone in September.
    MaryS910 likes this.
    03-01-2017 09:51 AM
    Still no uk update?????
    03-01-2017 10:00 AM
    You won't be saying that when the S8 comes out.
    I won't be getting the S8.
    03-01-2017 06:54 PM
    I won't be getting the S8.
    He didn't say you were getting it. I'm not getting either, but will still follow this release closely.
    03-01-2017 07:29 PM
    I agree that the update is totally different and it totally sucks. I paid a lot of money for my Edge and I really liked it till now. Who the heck does Samsung think they are by making an update that drastically changes the look and feel of my phone!!!! You want to update the software, fine but don't change the total look and feel of my phone without my consent. Then change it to something so absolutely horrid!!! I want the previous version back, it changed everything!!!!
    TheCrushgroove and MBS6 like this.
    03-10-2017 02:07 PM
    Then change it to something so absolutely horrid!!! I want the previous version back, it changed everything!!!!
    I was actually surprised after mine updated because I didn't initially see anything different. Then I noticed the background on the icons (which can be turned off) and knew the upgrade had worked. Other than the rather bland background for the pulldown area, I see no difference and my phone works exactly the same as it did before.
    Aquila likes this.
    03-10-2017 02:16 PM
    I agree that the update is totally different and it totally sucks. I paid a lot of money for my Edge and I really liked it till now. Who the heck does Samsung think they are by making an update that drastically changes the look and feel of my phone!!!! You want to update the software, fine but don't change the total look and feel of my phone without my consent. Then change it to something so absolutely horrid!!! I want the previous version back, it changed everything!!!!
    Apple and Microsoft have done similar things in the past... It's a software thing.

I haven't received the update yet, and am glad.

I know it will show eventually, and will have to decide whether to bite the bullet or ignore it for the time being.
    03-10-2017 02:36 PM
    People MOVE ON. That's IT. That's software development. Technology is always evolving. Adapt or go back to basic phones. Sorry but this is not the 1st time this happenes and it will not be the last.

Software contantly changes and evolves. If it doesn't it dies. It's that simple.
    msndrstood and Fit24 like this.
    03-10-2017 07:13 PM
    People MOVE ON. That's IT. That's software development. Technology is always evolving. Adapt or go back to basic phones. Sorry but this is not the 1st time this happenes and it will not be the last.

Software contantly changes and evolves. If it doesn't it dies. It's that simple.
    I'm on Marshmallow and it's not dead. It's fine. I don't want the whites of Nougat. Fine to stay on MM IMHO.
    shaleem and remak123 like this.
    03-10-2017 10:46 PM
    My phone auto updated and I hate it is now exactly like an iPhone if I wanted an iPhone I would have bought an iPhone. Is there anyway to take my s7 edge back to the way it was before this latest update? This update is a step backwards for android.
    If it works on GSM, i'll buy it.
    03-10-2017 10:59 PM
    My phone auto updated and I hate it is now exactly like an iPhone if I wanted an iPhone I would have bought an iPhone. Is there anyway to take my s7 edge back to the way it was before this latest update? This update is a step backwards for android.
    If you hate it that much, i'll buy it from you. Does it work on the GSM network?
    03-10-2017 11:06 PM
    So, on Nougat, can one still use the Nova launcher? Is there a way to go back to semi-transparent overlays?

I see a lot of Verizon people eager to move up but I also see a lot of complaints about degraded battery life and such.

One of my concerns is being able to tether my computer to my phone on rare occasions without having to pay a stupid fee.
    Tethering is a curse word on this forum just a heads up
    03-10-2017 11:55 PM
    Not so much tethering, but tethering and not paying for it.

From what I've read, the old vulnerability that some folks were still able to exploit has been closed with Nougat.
    03-11-2017 10:50 AM
    Apparently, I'm allowed to tether under my current plan without incurring an additional fee, so I guess it's not a problem anymore...

Whether that means I'll still be able to use my preferred app with Nougat is still a question, though.
    03-11-2017 12:05 PM
    I one hundred percent agree! I never ever write in these things but I'm so behind annoyed with this update I had to. What the hell is this crap if I wanted an iPhone i would've gotten one. The app icons are absolutely ridiculous, the pull down notification toggle thing is the worst thing ever. This is just really really annoying is there any way to reverse ???
    03-31-2017 08:04 AM
    I ended up installing the update. First order of business was to apply a dark theme.

Only time will tell...
    03-31-2017 10:22 AM
    I ended up installing the update. First order of business was to apply a dark theme.

Only time will tell...
    It is dangerous times for the Dngrsone!
    Dngrsone likes this.
    03-31-2017 10:28 AM
    I applied a dark theme right away as well, and it helps a lot. The notifications shade remains blinding though. Maybe I need to find a theme specifically designed for (or at least updated for) Nougat.
    Dngrsone likes this.
    03-31-2017 11:21 AM
    I applied a dark theme right away as well, and it helps a lot. The notifications shade remains blinding though. Maybe I need to find a theme specifically designed for (or at least updated for) Nougat.
    Let me know if you find one.
    03-31-2017 01:03 PM
    Let me know if you find one.
    +1

I created an account just to voice my displeasure with the new update. As a 40-something male with fading eyesight, I now have trouble reading the tiny, bland, stark, black&white notification pull down tray... and I've yet to read a safe way to alter that setting. What a wonderful option on a $700 phone, right?

I bought these phones (S7 and an S7 Edge for the Mrs.) for very specific reasons, and now some of those reasons have not only changed, but changed in a manner in which I can't even access or alter their settings. All in the name of someone else's definition of progress and change, and for the sole sake of progress and change. I don't react well to other people trying to think for me or whom insist upon how I should be thinking. I have the US Gov't and a wife for that, thanks. I don't react well to bait and switch business models or ever-evolving products that evolve themselves right out of usefulness tot he end user. In fact, it is in these very ways that OP is correct in his comparison to Apple.

I think we're done here, Samsung. I finally gave in, and you blew it.
    03-31-2017 04:42 PM
    Yeah, the default email app is all white... Gotta find a theme that fixes that or get a different app.
    03-31-2017 05:03 PM
    +1

I created an account just to voice my displeasure with the new update. As a 40-something male with fading eyesight, I now have trouble reading the tiny, bland, stark, black&white notification pull down tray... and I've yet to read a safe way to alter that setting. What a wonderful option on a $700 phone, right?

I bought these phones (S7 and an S7 Edge for the Mrs.) for very specific reasons, and now some of those reasons have not only changed, but changed in a manner in which I can't even access or alter their settings. All in the name of someone else's definition of progress and change, and for the sole sake of progress and change. I don't react well to other people trying to think for me or whom insist upon how I should be thinking. I have the US Gov't and a wife for that, thanks. I don't react well to bait and switch business models or ever-evolving products that evolve themselves right out of usefulness tot he end user. In fact, it is in these very ways that OP is correct in his comparison to Apple.

I think we're done here, Samsung. I finally gave in, and you blew it.
    If you try 2 fingers down instead of 1 for the notifications, it's actually bigger than before. I find it hard to long press the new icons, but overall I like the more stock look of N.

People have been complaining for years about the "Samsung" look, so I guess you can't please everyone all the time.
    msndrstood likes this.
    03-31-2017 05:20 PM
    So my phone is working good...... that is a plus.... but the tiny notifications NOT a plus..... the change in the pull down,,, NOTa Plus......
    Someone please write an app that takes all white away that was just installed.......Not a plus....

OVERALL I shouldn't complain..... my phone works well so far.. yes I have to find and learn some new ways to do what I was used to doing...... and there are some new things I have to learn......

But I guess there are minor burrs and it could be worse.......

I would like to see Samsung or google give us the ability to say no to any upgrade if we want to.......

Until then I will try to ignore the other stuff and move on.......
    03-31-2017 05:23 PM
    Whenever new updates become available it's a no win situation. We complain when there's no change and we complain when there are changes. I've just learned to expect that there may be changes that Ill have to get used to with each new OS update.
    msndrstood, ticketbabe2 and Fit24 like this.
    03-31-2017 06:05 PM
    It's nothing like an iPhone
    03-31-2017 06:10 PM
129 1234 ...