12-21-2017 02:16 PM
129 12345 ...
tools
    My only complaint is the way the multi window is now. Seemed better on M to me.
    03-31-2017 06:36 PM
    It's nothing like an iPhone
    you say that like it's a bad thing...
    03-31-2017 07:48 PM
    It's nothing like an iPhone
    It sure isn't.
    03-31-2017 07:57 PM
    got to be honest,,, I am slowly getting my phone back to looking like it did before Nougat......I know I won't get it all back but I can easily live it now.....
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    04-01-2017 12:58 PM
    Really horrible interface. I have to actually press an embedded arrow to read long texts, which takes me to a different screen. Then you read the long text and have to navigate back to messages to finish reading the next text from the SAME person. Everyone would rather just scroll and not have to look for hidden content! The reverse camera button is now in upper left corner and cannot be reached with a simple click of the thumb. I have to actually change the device to my left hand, so I can reach up to the top left, just to reverse camera. This is how we live life now, Samsung. Don't kill business by making it harder to navigate the camera. It also doesn't take the same quality of pics. Who are you hiring for these upgrades? Surely you can afford the best, but it's like the designers are way out of touch. And the generic same size font on everything clouds my mind. The other display was easy and simple BC it suggested an order with color and size, now it's cluttered BC nothing stands out. This is so bad I will either find a way to revert to previous software or I will change phones. Cannot be productive like I need to be and I've intentionally tried to give it time to grow on me.
    LAHagan and samsung7 like this.
    04-03-2017 05:19 PM
    I have the samsung 7 and I updated the phone with the new updates and I TOTALLY HATE THE LOOK AND THE FEEL. It takes to many steps now to do one thing. I hate having to text. it is tedious. how do we get it back to the way it was. someone help me I hate my phone. The text it to light I cannot see it. everything just looks horrible. HATE IT...I can't scroll across the top any longer I know have to hit that menu expander button. Who do they talk to about these upgrades. Horrible job. hate it...hate it hate it. hate it...did I tell you that I hate it...
    04-05-2017 12:20 PM
    I have the samsung 7 and I updated the phone with the new updates and I TOTALLY HATE THE LOOK AND THE FEEL. It takes to many steps now to do one thing. I hate having to text. it is tedious. how do we get it back to the way it was. someone help me I hate my phone. The text it to light I cannot see it. everything just looks horrible. HATE IT...I can't scroll across the top any longer I know have to hit that menu expander button. Who do they talk to about these upgrades. Horrible job. hate it...hate it hate it. hate it...did I tell you that I hate it...
    You do know you don't have to use the default texting app, right? There are others out there that replace it (Textra is my choice). I hear ya, though. I have not yet run the update, though my phone is bugging the *&^$ out of me to do so. If I wait long enough, maybe it'll just....go away?
    Eclipse Elaina likes this.
    04-05-2017 05:19 PM
    HATE, is a strong word. . .& I HATE the new update on my S7 edge!
    The flow & aesthetics of the design & format look like several steps BACKWARDS.
    I can NOT stand the way the "phone" contacts, including favorites is laid out now, as well as changing to mostly white backgrounds with little to know contrasts.
    The messaging apps contrasts are "plain Jane" & with few options to change the colors.
    The designers of this new update know Nothing about how people age or with certain disabilities contrasts are more difficult to distinguish from. At first glance having a greater contrast in color & textures make using the phone easier for most people. NOW, with the new update, the mostly white & light contrasts make distinguishing between things on your screen more difficult. It has become less user friendly, & very BORING to use.
    The new version makes using the phone more difficult & for many, including myself, wanting to switch phones to leave Samsung altogether.
    I am already upset about the way they changed the Calender app several updates ago & still carry around my Note 3, just to use the old version of Calander. It use to allow you to highlight with color the complete block for each day & ad stickers. I can glance at my month & based on the color of the days know which days I work & which days I am off. ( I am a RN & work at a hospital). Now the calander is all white, with only option to color with highlighting words for events. & no way to add stickers to quickly see pay days, birthdays, holidays, appointments etc. & don't reply with check out other calender apps. . .I did. None of them let you color or shade the entire day or add tiny stickers to the bottom right corner of the day blocks.
    & here we go again with this latest update.
    The new update has made The lay out more list oriented & contrast options & layout options are little to none.
    This latest update, in my opinion has made using my Samsung phone less pleasing, more difficult for certain tasks & BORING
    Eclipse Elaina and samsung7 like this.
    04-05-2017 08:00 PM
    My galaxy s7 edge update is horrible! Everything has changed! I want the old version back or I am getting rid of this phone!!!!!!!

Is it possible to roll back??????
    04-09-2017 05:28 PM
    I just got my S7 edge, and the update kept appearing on the phone. I'm not downloading until they get the glitches out.
    04-09-2017 07:25 PM
    It's too bad that people who don't like or want the update couldn't trade with the people who want it but cannot have it yet. Just a passing thought...
    Fit24 likes this.
    04-09-2017 08:02 PM
    HATE, is a strong word. . .& I HATE the new update on my S7 edge!
    The flow & aesthetics of the design & format look like several steps BACKWARDS.
    I can NOT stand the way the "phone" contacts, including favorites is laid out now, as well as changing to mostly white backgrounds with little to know contrasts.
    The messaging apps contrasts are "plain Jane" & with few options to change the colors.
    The designers of this new update know Nothing about how people age or with certain disabilities contrasts are more difficult to distinguish from. At first glance having a greater contrast in color & textures make using the phone easier for most people. NOW, with the new update, the mostly white & light contrasts make distinguishing between things on your screen more difficult. It has become less user friendly, & very BORING to use.
    The new version makes using the phone more difficult & for many, including myself, wanting to switch phones to leave Samsung altogether.
    I am already upset about the way they changed the Calender app several updates ago & still carry around my Note 3, just to use the old version of Calander. It use to allow you to highlight with color the complete block for each day & ad stickers. I can glance at my month & based on the color of the days know which days I work & which days I am off. ( I am a RN & work at a hospital). Now the calander is all white, with only option to color with highlighting words for events. & no way to add stickers to quickly see pay days, birthdays, holidays, appointments etc. & don't reply with check out other calender apps. . .I did. None of them let you color or shade the entire day or add tiny stickers to the bottom right corner of the day blocks.
    & here we go again with this latest update.
    The new update has made The lay out more list oriented & contrast options & layout options are little to none.
    This latest update, in my opinion has made using my Samsung phone less pleasing, more difficult for certain tasks & BORING
    Well said. I'm not going to be dumping the phone, as I'm still very pleased overall with my S7E. But I also hate the downgrade in esthetics and usability that Nougat brought to the table.
    04-10-2017 07:34 AM
    In my experience there are some subtle changes but not enough to make me hate it. It takes a little getting used to but I'll get over it...especially when the S8 comes.
    Fit24 likes this.
    04-10-2017 05:34 PM
    Droid Turbo 2
    04-10-2017 07:55 PM
    Let me know if you find one.
    I'm using "Flat_TouchWiz_Black" from the Samsung theme store. "Material_Black" is s similar theme also from the Samsung theme store. Neither seem to have been updated for Nougat, but they're still easier on the eyes and battery than stock Nougat. Both are free.
    Dngrsone likes this.
    04-10-2017 11:31 PM
    I tried Material Black, and it seemed lacking in some areas.

I'm using the free Grace Blue theme at the moment.
    04-11-2017 12:09 AM
    I've tried every recommendation on how to make my new galaxy7's Svoice to talk back to me.Nothing works.just switched drom the s4 and nvr had a problem w svoice or google or voice commands.How do i fic the sVoice so I can hear it talk bck?everything ab the s7 has changed.EVERYTHING.Aaaaahhhhh.help.
    04-11-2017 03:19 AM
    "Material Dark" is the theme I'm using and it's really quite good. It's not black, but a darkish/bluish grey. Very similar to the night mode in these forums, actually.

I don't think any themes change the white background on notifications, though. That is unchanged on this theme.
    04-11-2017 10:23 AM
    "Material Dark" is the theme I'm using and it's really quite good. It's not black, but a darkish/bluish grey. Very similar to the night mode in these forums, actually.

I don't think any themes change the white background on notifications, though. That is unchanged on this theme.
    You are correct, you cannot change the notifications with any theme.

I haven't heard anything about Good Lock lately, it will change the notifications. Last I heard they were going to update it for Nougat, but I don't remember where I heard it from. I don't remember if it was from a trusted source or not.
    04-11-2017 10:42 AM
    I really hate the update too. What I hate is the settings, everything use to make sense on where it was located and now it doesn't. Example. I have 3 gmail accounts set up to see email, I want to remove 2 of those accounts, it keeps taking me to settings and I can't delete it. It use to be so simple go to app click menu delete I also hate all this samsung pay. Android is known for their way of customizing the phone the way you use it. Not with this update you can't.
    04-11-2017 01:55 PM
    Yeah, I have yet to find anything that changes the gmail app away from white, either...
    04-11-2017 04:29 PM
    Wish there was a way to get back the option of hitting one key to type a phrase. I gave up on the text app. Way to many steps. Using textra
    04-12-2017 07:12 PM
    I shelved my S7 Edge shortly after the Nougat update due to the horrible battery life. Currently using my iPhone at the moment. Like the new look though.
    04-13-2017 02:14 PM
    How is it like an iphone? Let me tell you...

I hate the iphone. With a passion.

And I loved my Galaxy S7 Edge. I loved it enough to go to it after a year on my LG G3. I loved it so much that my wife gave up her iPhone and got a Galaxy S7 (non-edge). And the first time I used her phone I was like WTF? I didn't realize the phones were so different? Of course I had been ignoring the update notifications. And then, like a dummy I updated without reading any forums or anything, I just had blind faith, after all, this is SAMSUNG not Apple (a company with their heads firmly up their backsides) right? So what risk.

And now? I hate my Galaxy S7 edge with all the same passion I once hated my iphone.

So that's how they are the same - I totally get what the OP was saying. He was saying that the out of control suckage of having a company make massive changes and breaking stuff that wasn't a problem and changing how tasks are done when you are fine with them - that's the trademark modus operandi of apple, not samsung.

And in that regard Samsung is now pretty much the same. I honestly don't know what to do. I guess I am going back to LG. I hated the lousy daytime visibility and washed out look of the screen, but otherwise my G3 was a great phone. And for 8 months so was my S7 edge.

Now? Samsuck = Apple.

/vent=OFF
    /tmobile_jump_program=ENABLE
    04-19-2017 09:24 AM
    I am totally with you 100% hating the new update! Bland, bland, bland, with a a dash of boring. I'm sure it's whats made my sight deteriorate in the last few months with lack of contrast between white and pale icons.
    04-20-2017 08:52 AM
129 12345 ...