Hate the New update 7.0 on the S7 Edge

HairDznr

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
My phone auto updated and I hate it is now exactly like an iPhone if I wanted an iPhone I would have bought an iPhone. Is there anyway to take my s7 edge back to the way it was before this latest update? This update is a step backwards for android.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Hate the New update 7.0

In what way is it "just like an iPhone"? One of the great advantages of Android is the ability to change it to make it work the way you want.

Don't like the home screen/launcher? Go find another, there are plenty of options in the Play Store.
Don't like the texting app? Same deal, the Play Store has TONS of options

Elaborate on what you don't like and the great folks here can try to guide you to fix it.

Keep in mind - on Samsung the design is not "Android", it's Samsung's idea of what Android should be. I have a Nexus 6P - while there were some tweaks to the interface there was no significant change to the way my phone looked or worked when I got the Nougat update.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

My phone auto updated and I hate it is now exactly like an iPhone if I wanted an iPhone I would have bought an iPhone. Is there anyway to take my s7 edge back to the way it was before this latest update? This update is a step backwards for android.

What phone do you have?

HairDznr

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site

Well the galaxy s7 edge look and use of everything is totally changed its not a matter of using another app. These are not tweaks they are total changes.

More steps to get things done. I use my phone for business this is one of the reason I switched from iPhone. Galaxy was more user friendly for business. Now way more keystrokes to do simple tasks. example I have to switch screens to see what emails I have read with an extra step, I don't have time to flip screens. You are now not able to customize the phone now this OS it is very generic. Everything is white, white, white no color coding anymore every overlay is opaque. Not user friendly at all.

The changes are not app related they were removed. Many, many things that made the galaxy s7 edge sooooo different from the iPhone now are the same in look and the way you use it. There are so many changes its like I switched back to iPhone

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Me? Nexus 5x. Running 7.1.2 beta. I'm happy. I don't do business with Apple so I have no idea if it's "just like an iphone",

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

I can understand why you might not like it, but "exactly like an iPhone"? No, it's nothing at all like an iPhone. I don't guess you've actually used one.

I agree that everything is too bright, but there are hundreds of dark themes in Samsung's theme store. Many of them free. Not sure what you mean by switch screens to see what emails you have, but I still see mine in the notification shade like before. And if you really "don't have time" to take the 10th of a second necessary to "switch screens" you need to manage your time better.

There is still quite a bit of customization possible, if you spend a few minutes to go through the settings. Will it ever look just like MM? No. Many of the changes you don't like are from Google. Google is pushing design to lighter colors, and most manufacturers are following suit. I don't really like the new color pallette either, but it's easy enough to change.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Many of the changes you don't like are from Google. Google is pushing design to lighter colors, and most manufacturers are following suit. I don't really like the new color pallette either, but it's easy enough to change.

I agree with most of your statement, but not this part. Google isn't pushing Samsung or anyone else to use lighter and brighter colors, they are pushing Material Design, which does fully support at least two different kinds of dark themes, in addition to the light theme. Material Design is about the texture and interaction of UI elements, not the color of them and it's a direct evolution of Holo UI elements as they pushed into cards, etc.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
This post really seems like someone just trying to rile people up. I don't know anyone who would think the S7 Edge is like the iPhone. They approach the way they do things totally different. Nougat is a step forward for the S7 Edge. It is much smoother compared to Marshmallow. I have an iPhone sitting in front of me along with my S7 and in no way would anyone mistake the UI on each one for the other.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
This post really seems like someone just trying to rile people up. I don't know anyone who would think the S7 Edge is like the iPhone. They approach the way they do things totally different. Nougat is a step forward for the S7 Edge. It is much smoother compared to Marshmallow. I have an iPhone sitting in front of me along with my S7 and in no way would anyone mistake the UI on each one for the other.
I agree with you 100% brother!

offsidebowler

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus as my daily driver, but I do have an S7 edge as a backup and calling the S7 edge an iPhone almost seems like a compliment.

You won't be saying that when the S8 comes out.

OP, I've no idea what you're talking about. It literally could not be further away from an iPhone.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site

Well the galaxy s7 edge look and use of everything is totally changed its not a matter of using another app. These are not tweaks they are total changes.

More steps to get things done. I use my phone for business this is one of the reason I switched from iPhone. Galaxy was more user friendly for business. Now way more keystrokes to do simple tasks. example I have to switch screens to see what emails I have read with an extra step, I don't have time to flip screens. You are now not able to customize the phone now this OS it is very generic. Everything is white, white, white no color coding anymore every overlay is opaque. Not user friendly at all.

The changes are not app related they were removed. Many, many things that made the galaxy s7 edge sooooo different from the iPhone now are the same in look and the way you use it. There are so many changes its like I switched back to iPhone

For the email issue either double tap the recently key to switch between last used app or open two apps simultaneously with multi window. Simple.

As for all the white, just put another theme on.

Maybe you should just stick to an iPhone if this is too complicated for you...

Bankokbob54

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
"I don't have time for this or that." Sounds like my family. They don't have time to send me pics of life there(I live 7K miles away now)and yet they are on Facebook all the time. Yeah, right. :-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon