Facebook App is killing my phone!?

Kasper610

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
All of sudden the facebook app is always open every time I unlock my phone? Other apps as well sometimes will just be open when unlocking my phone. Even if I make sure every app is "Killed" then turn it off, as soon as I unlock the phone I see the facebook feed...This happening to anyone else?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
As other users have said, I would recommend using a browser-alternative version of Facebook. It will also benefit your battery life. :)

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Okay. I've disabled it. I kind of hate the way Facebook looks in the browser . Oh well.
If you don't like the browser method their are other alternatives. Maybe someone can suggest a good one in addition to Metal Pro. If not, do a search for Facebook Wrappers.

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
If you don't like the browser method their are other alternatives. Maybe someone can suggest a good one in addition to Metal Pro. If not, do a search for Facebook Wrappers.

I downloaded the Mozilla Firefox browser. Okay. Thanks! I'll do that. :)

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

Swipe Pro is what I use. It's a great wrapper with lots of customization.

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Does Swipe help save battery life just as much as if I just used Facebook through a browser?

I can't say that it would save as much battery as simply using the mobile site via your browser, but it's pretty light on battery usage. It has a battery saving mode as well.

I can only speak about my own experience, but it's made a huge difference in reducing background battery usage for me.

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I can't say that it would save as much battery as simply using the mobile site via your browser, but it's pretty light on battery usage. It has a battery saving mode as well.

I can only speak about my own experience, but it's made a huge difference in reducing background battery usage for me.

Okay. Thanks! Well, hopefully it'll save more battery than if I were to enable and keep using the actual Facebook app at least.

Kasper610

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Tried the browser version... Can't do it... Is anyone else having issues with unlocking the phone and not getting the home screen... Instead my phone keeps opening to a recent app like textra, or GSAM battery, or my play store? I have to clear all recent apps for my phone to unlock in my home screen... Only happens in Nova not touch wiz...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Tried the browser version... Can't do it... Is anyone else having issues with unlocking the phone and not getting the home screen... Instead my phone keeps opening to a recent app like textra, or GSAM battery, or my play store? I have to clear all recent apps for my phone to unlock in my home screen... Only happens in Nova not touch wiz...

I'm sorry this is happening to you! If you have all of your important photos, information, etc backed up, you could always try a factory reset as a last resort to see if that fixes anything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia