09-27-2017 11:39 PM
36 12
tools
    It works! Thanks, I was really annoyed already =)
    05-18-2017 09:36 AM
    Same issue here on s8. Really annoying.
    05-23-2017 02:40 AM
    I don't know if it would help but the Canadian French keyboard is qwerty not azerty
    05-23-2017 06:13 AM
    I have tried everything here before and nothing works. I'm so frustrated. I even called Samsung and they were useless. They recommended I email a complaint.
    05-23-2017 06:15 AM
    it does not work for me. Of course I input french and english but it will not simultaneously recognise the langages to correct automatically. I have to slide the space bar to swap langages: which will also change the type of key board (qwerty or azerty). I cannot write with the azerty key board with English correction anymore... it is very frustrating... anybody has the answer please?
    for galaxy S7
    I don't know if it would change much but the French Canadian keyboard is qwerty
    05-23-2017 06:16 AM
    In the settings select virtual keyboard, then select sumsung keyboard, then go to language selection and choose and download your language))))
    The thing is that this only fixes swapping between different keyboards, but the suggested word corrections and sentence prediction no longer automatically follow the language you're actually typing regardless of which keyboard you choose to use.

When I have the Norwegian keyboard activated, I only get Norwegian auto correct even when I type in English. Before the update it used to be independent on the keyboard you used and it just predicted from the letters you were actually typing. When you're polylingual and use a variety of languages at the same time it is a huge annoyance having to constantly swap between the different keyboards to get proper spelling.

I was always so impressed with the spelling prediction that it was able to keep up with my multilingual rants, and it baffles me that they would downgrade it like this.. and I can't find a fix that resembles what Samsung offered before. "Auto detect language " is just no longer an option afaik..
    05-23-2017 09:23 AM
    I have the same problem! With Spanish, English and Italian, first was the best all at the same time, now I have to change language every time please give a solution or how I can come back to android 6
    06-08-2017 06:44 PM
    it does not work for me. Of course I input french and english but it will not simultaneously recognise the langages to correct automatically. I have to slide the space bar to swap langages: which will also change the type of key board (qwerty or azerty). I cannot write with the azerty key board with English correction anymore... it is very frustrating... anybody has the answer please?
    for galaxy S7

Mine won't even let me swipe the space bar to change languages anymore. Dafuq
    07-14-2017 09:43 PM
    I spoke to Samsung about this at length. They removed the functionality. As hard as it is to believe. They must have pissed off half of Europe and Latin America. I am not sure what Sasmung was thinking when they decided to take this retro step but I am sure they will be implementing it back at some point. For now Gboard is the best alternative. If it makes you feel any better, I was so upset that I decided to visit the Apple store and weight my options with an iPhone. They never heard of that functionality!! LOL. Apple lovers have been flipping back and forth for languages on their keyboards all these years!.! Unbelievable!!
    07-16-2017 07:29 PM
    I spoke to Samsung about this at length. They removed the functionality. As hard as it is to believe. They must have pissed off half of Europe and Latin America. I am not sure what Sasmung was thinking when they decided to take this retro step but I am sure they will be implementing it back at some point. For now Gboard is the best alternative. If it makes you feel any better, I was so upset that I decided to visit the Apple store and weight my options with an iPhone. They never heard of that functionality!! LOL. Apple lovers have been flipping back and forth for languages on their keyboards all these years!.! Unbelievable!!
    You could try Swiftkey. I personally like it better than Gboard and can handle 3 languages simultaneously.
    07-16-2017 08:25 PM
    I had the same problem on a ZTE Axon Mini with Android Nougat update... I did have English & Spanish languages selected, and am using Gboard, but needed to go into language settings and deselect system language to allow me to choose English & Spanish individually for the virtual keyboard settings. No download of the languages required. Now I have the keyboard I had gotten used to and love. A clue to success was the ñ key appearing on my 'regular' keyboard. I can now type in either or both languages (i.e., without having to switch) and it just works (without having to choose a specific language for the keyboard).
    Attached Thumbnails How to change keyboard back to simultaneous language after Samsung 7 Edge update?-img_20170927_232426.jpg   How to change keyboard back to simultaneous language after Samsung 7 Edge update?-screenshot_2017-09-27-23-22-32.jpg   How to change keyboard back to simultaneous language after Samsung 7 Edge update?-screenshot_2017-09-27-23-22-47.jpg  
    09-27-2017 11:39 PM
36 12