Google assistant

Chris Rosas

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys I was wondering if anyone out there with a galaxy has received the Google app update that enables Google assistant on their devices?

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Wife has. Ok Google brings up and works but sometimes switches to a different voice. Is that the old google now? Sorry, came from windows to pixel so never heard old one.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wife has. Ok Google brings up and works but sometimes switches to a different voice. Is that the old google now? Sorry, came from windows to pixel so never heard old one.
Yeah that's Google now. The assistant can be brought up from holding the home button on the Pixel (example below). I'd assume Samsung would have some kind of trigger once they (or if they) put it on the S7. They may save it for the S8?

Screenshot_20170301-200622.png

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's Google now. The assistant can be brought up from holding the home button on the Pixel (example below). I'd assume Samsung would have some kind of trigger once they (or if they) put it on the S7. They may save it for the S8?

It is a Google feature not a Samsung feature, therefore, it will be available on the S7 via a Google Services update that will be coming sometime soon.
I am sorry about messing up this message with an edit. I will figure it out eventually.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It is a Google feature not a Samsung feature, therefore, it will be available on the S7 via a Google Services update that will be coming sometime soon.
I am sorry about messing up this message with an edit. I will figure it out eventually.
Hopefully :p.