Has Your S7E Received Google Assistant?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I received Google Assistant today. Here is what I can tell you as fact. It does not matter what device you have, where you live, what carrier you have or what Google App and Google Services version you have as long as they are current and you are running Marshmallow and above. It is all based on each individual Google account and each individual device within that account which dictates when Google Assistant is activated. It is activated on Google's server-side at any moment and at any time. Everyone is scheduled to receive assistant within the next 2 weeks. This information pertains to the U.S. I hope this information is helpful to everyone who is still waiting.
Screenshot_20170309-191014.png

Last edited:

KindalRL

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
I just got it. Finally! After days of checking this and updating that, I was about to go to bed and held down the home button and BOOM, there she was. I'm stoked to have it, but now I don't have anything else to look forward to, so I'm also kinda bummed out.

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I had to return my original S7 Edge under warranty and received my replacement S7 Edge 3 days ago. I was a little disappointed because it came with Marshmallow. So, I did the Nougat update and violá Google Assistant loaded up without me even noticing.
So, maybe, just maybe, if you do a factory reset, you might get the Google Assistant update. Best of luck!

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I had to return my original S7 Edge under warranty and received my replacement S7 Edge 3 days ago. I was a little disappointed because it came with Marshmallow. So, I did the Nougat update and violá Google Assistant loaded up without me even noticing.
So, maybe, just maybe, if you do a factory reset, you might get the Google Assistant update. Best of luck!
You do not need to do a reset. Google is pushing it hard right now. That was just a coincidence.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ahh, gotcha. I was looking forward to that being the new Google widget. Oh well, appreciate it.

Oh, in due time. Google has already let it be known about how the Google Now Launcher is being deprecated... there was some gnashing of teeth, but the decision isn't being made in a vacuum. Google is simply greasing the wheels to roll out a new launcher that is more integrated with Google Assistant, as the Google Now Launcher was integrated into Google Now.

Remember... Now, Google Assistant, On Tap/Screen Search... all the same stuff. We're just in the middle of one of the evolutions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang