Has Your S7E Received Google Assistant?

djlee0314

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Like most things in the Android world it will go out in stages (as said a few posts above this). :).

NopeNotMe

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I rec google assist
I'm on at&t and I rec it today
It came with the google app update in google play store. After update installed... I held down the home button on phone and the phone prompted me to set up google assistant.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I rec google assist
I'm on at&t and I rec it today
It came with the google app update in google play store. After update installed... I held down the home button on phone and the phone prompted me to set up google assistant.
That's weird, I received a Google app update today but I still have Google Now.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
It's not the app that has to update -- more so Google Play Services.
I do realize that sir. In fact I signed up for the Google Play Services beta today thinking that may give me access to Google Assistant, no such luck. What I meant is the poster I was commenting to said that they received Google Assistant right after they updated their Google app and I myself thought that was weird because that is not how it works. I was just trying to be nice😁

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
If so, list your carrier and date update received! Patiently waiting for Google Play Services update...

Nothing yet. Carrier doesn't matter. It'll come through the play store as an app update. But I'm on Verizon. I also have an axon7 on project fi (T-mobile), with nougat. Nothing on that yet either.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Both of my S7 Edge phones on Nougat have assistant now. T-Mobile here but the update came though the play store.

My unlocked US S7 Edge on MM has it also now.

Last edited:

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Both of my S7 Edge phones on Nougat have assistant now. T-Mobile here but the update came though the play store.

My unlocked US S7 Edge on MM has it also now.
Hello, could you tell me what type of update it was? Was it a Google Play Services update or a different update? Thanks!

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I assumed that was it because someone else posted the same screenshot thinking that was it.
It will look a bit different and have better functionality. Google is rolling it out very slowly in stages. In fact I have not heard from anyone on any device that has received it yet. That's why I was like wow you got it on 3 devices already. I just wanted to confirm for myself that's all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs