03-09-2017 02:28 PM
45 12
tools
    I like my s7 edge but wasted too much money on glass screen protectors that won't work with my case and the plastic ones are not so good.. Maybe if the edge is more like the note 7 screen protectors would work.
    03-03-2017 12:17 AM
    I gave up on trying to find a screen protector for my S7E. 8 months in theres a small scratch that I can only see at a certain angle in direct sunlight.

My main issue with the edge screen is that it registers my palm when I try to type one handed.
    03-03-2017 12:36 AM
    I like my s7 edge but wasted too much money on glass screen protectors that won't work with my case and the plastic ones are not so good.. Maybe if the edge is more like the note 7 screen protectors would work.
    I will when the Note 8 comes out. I use my S7 Edge with a case, but not a screen protector. There is not a scratch on it after 6 months. The edge screen does not really have any functionality, but I really enjoy how everything just pops right out at you.
    03-03-2017 12:39 AM
    If it's a good phone I will buy it. As long as I can put a regular screen protector on it I'm good.
    03-03-2017 01:44 AM
    A glass protector didn't work well on the n7 either. I went through 4 glass protectors before I gave up and got just a regular plastic one.
    03-03-2017 01:45 AM
    I have a case, no screen protector. I've not run screen protectors on my last few phones, and none of them have scratched. So the lack of good ones for curved screens does not bother me in the least. I only use the People edge screen, but find it very handy.

So, yes, I'd choose an edged screen again.
    03-03-2017 05:59 AM
    The edge does nothing for me; I bought it because it was cheaper than the regular S7. It depends on what is available for how much next time... I plan on keeping this phone for several years.
    03-03-2017 07:40 AM
    Until a few days ago, I swore I would never get another one, the palm issue was driving me nuts.

But, I found an app on the play store called "No more accidental touching"

I can actually use the edge one handed.
    garyhesq1 likes this.
    03-03-2017 08:04 AM
    Yes, I absolutely will. I have used one screen protector since I purchased the S7Edge in October, had a few squeaky edges for a few days but 5 months later I can't tell it's there. It was the same for my Note 7, I even took the original protector off of the OG N7 and put it on the replacement right in the store and it stuck like glue until I removed it and sent the N7 back a few weeks later. I've used Plesson and Sup Tech screen protectors and one was just as good as the other.
    03-03-2017 08:19 AM
    I'd rather have flat screen but if the new note has a curve then it has a curve lol. Still love the note line. Using my backup note 4 at the moment. Nice flat screen😃
    03-03-2017 09:23 AM
    After awhile, with a good case and learning how to hold it, the accidental touches 98 percent went away. I like the way these edge screens look and feel. I couldn't care less whether they are functional or not. Still, I'm neutral on curved vs flat. I don't care either way and it doesn't determine my decision.
    03-03-2017 10:34 AM
    I'm used to it now, so yes, I would.

I like how the Edge makes the phone look bezeless I have to admit, the phone is just stunning to look at to.
    msndrstood likes this.
    03-03-2017 11:00 AM
    I've wanted an Edge device off and on, but I'm not sure if I will purchase one next time I'm in the market for a phone. I may stick with Honor/Huawei. Plus, my Honor's unique glass composition already gives me issues with screen protectors/cases lool.
    03-03-2017 11:05 AM
    I don't know. It depends on whether or not I'm able to get a decent screen protector without halo effect.
    03-03-2017 11:08 AM
    I've wanted an Edge device off and on, but I'm not sure if I will purchase one next time I'm in the market for a phone. I may stick with Honor/Huawei. Plus, my Honor's unique glass composition already gives me issues with screen protectors/cases lool.
    Yeah, that's the one issue I have. If Samsung is going to go all Edge, they really should throw in a tempered glass protector or two designed specifically for their displays.
    03-03-2017 11:10 AM
    Yeah, that's the one issue I have. If Samsung is going to go all Edge, they really should throw in a tempered glass protector or two designed specifically for their displays.
    Yep, one that sticks on the edges.
    03-03-2017 11:12 AM
    Yes, I would even though I don't use edge functionality. I like the look and never use screen protectors on my phones so that's a non-issue for me.
    03-03-2017 01:15 PM
    I don't use screen protectors and I like the edge functions so I'll buy it again
    03-04-2017 01:01 AM
    I'm liking the way some manufacturers affix screen protectors out of the box.
    03-04-2017 01:10 AM
    Until a few days ago, I swore I would never get another one, the palm issue was driving me nuts.

But, I found an app on the play store called "No more accidental touching"

I can actually use the edge one handed.
    Does that app really work well and not hinder anything else on the phone ?

I've looked at some reviews in the PlayStore and some say it does.
    03-04-2017 01:12 AM

Yeah, it works. You can adjust the, well I guess dead zone?, to as small or large as you want.

I have mine set to 25 on both sides, and it cleared up pretty much most of my "CRAP! I didn't want to do that!!!" problems.

Just turn the Opacity all the way up when you're trying to adjust the dead areas, so you can actually see exactly where your adjusting.

After you set it, turn the opacity back to zero, start it and test it.
    younggreenanne likes this.
    03-04-2017 10:43 AM

Yeah, it works for me. You can adjust the, well I guess dead zone?, to as small or large as you want. Im sure that it didn't work for some, but might attribute some of that to not understanding what this is, or that you need to configure it for your phone.

I have mine set to 25 on both sides, and it cleared up pretty much most of my "CRAP! I didn't want to do that!!!" problems.

Just turn the Opacity all the way up when you're trying to adjust the dead areas, so you can actually see exactly where your adjusting.

After you set it, turn the opacity back to zero, start it and test it.

Red bars on the sides are my block sizes with opacity at 100%

White bars on the sides it what it looks like running with opacity at 100%.

When opacity is set at 0, then there is nothing there.
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    03-04-2017 10:51 AM
    Maybe. I don't mind the edge at all, but don't find it truly compelling either. The advantage for me is a slightly bigger screen in a slightly smaller package. Many of the edge functions (like Apps Edge, People Edge, etc.) could be implemented on a flat screen just as easily.

If Samsung manages to add more real functionality to it, that might make it a selling point. Otherwise, it's just one feature to compare against other features.
    03-04-2017 11:43 AM
    It's not even a feature, it's a gimmick.

Seriously, I see no situation where the edge is the only thing a user would be looking at to get their daily news leaders or whatever... Even in my belt clip, I have to remove the phone to swipe the edge and read it.
    03-04-2017 12:04 PM
    I use app edge all the time. Very handy to have all of my heavily used apps one Swipe away. No issues with accidental touches. Definitely getting Note 8 when it comes out and it will be an edge screen.
    03-04-2017 12:28 PM
45 12