It's out possible to change the view of your favorite contacts back to grid view in Android Nougat?

A

AC Question

After the update to Nougat, I lost the handy grid view of my favorite contacts that appeared above my recent calls in the dialer. Now I can only access my favorites through the contact tab in a list view and only in ABC order. Is there a way to change it back to grid view and change the order in which they appear?

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
same question here. Galaxy S7 edge. hate the new contacts fav screen. It's just part of the main contacts list.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It's not possible. I hate the new way myself. The new way requires tapping on a favorite and then selecting call or message.

Did you know that you can assign the numbers on the phones keypad, one of your contacts?

On the phone apps keypad, pressing and holding the number 1 will dial voicemail. You can assign a contact to any of the numbers on the keypad by long pressing a number and then in the popup, tap OK to assign a contact to that number. You would then just long press that number to call that contact. I have number 2 assigned to call my job. It's not the same thing but it might make things easier for you.

You can also quickly edit the speed dial numbers by hitting the three dots in the top right corner of the search window.

Screenshot_20170307-084327.jpg