03-08-2017 11:38 PM
122 ... 345
tools
    Has anyone succeeded in getting Samsung cloud to work in nougat on the Verizon model?

For those of you factory resetting, how are you backing up before doing so?
    Samsung Cloud is not available on the Verizon variant. Verizon wants to push their own, much less useful, cloud service. I use Smart Switch myself to perform a backup.
    jejb likes this.
    03-07-2017 06:01 PM
    There was a review done, back when the beta was out, that listed adding shortcuts to third-party app functions as toggles in the Quick Panel. There are a couple toggles there (far bottom in Edit mode), but i can't see any way of adding custom ones. Anyone figured this out?
    Here is a recent review of apps that may help you accomplish what sounds like your looking to do.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/01...ettings-tiles/
    PJRed2008 likes this.
    03-07-2017 06:11 PM
    I had the same problem but a reboot seems to have fixed it.

Edit: Spoke too soon, LED not working for me either. Worked once after reboot then stopped again.

Anyone else with LED issues?

same here. from what I've read, this is a common bug
    03-07-2017 08:15 PM
    can't seem to get AOD working for notifications unless I use a lock screen. Is this a bug? worked on marshmallow
    03-07-2017 08:24 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the background for the app icons? On the beta, they had a option to have it or not use it and I can't find it now.
    03-07-2017 08:25 PM
    This may be quick and simple but ever since upgrading to the new OS, the phone rings LOUDLY through the Bluetooth headset. Is there a way to disable ringing through the headset? Before upgrading it would do a 1-2 pulse sound and ring through the phone speaker like normal.
    03-07-2017 08:34 PM
    Has anyone succeeded in getting Samsung cloud to work in nougat on the Verizon model?

I just started from scratch. Only problem I'm having with that is under storage, the "Other" category above cache isn't 0 anymore. Can't figure out how to wipe it clean like I had it before the update.
    03-07-2017 08:38 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the background for the app icons? On the beta, they had a option to have it or not use it and I can't find it now.
    Try looking in settings > display > icon frames.
    clintw22 likes this.
    03-07-2017 08:46 PM
    After being on the beta for 4 months I am so happy with this release. It is running exceptionally well.
    I also was on beta everything is running great for me also and battery is great also
    03-07-2017 10:52 PM
    I had the same thought!
    Count me in also feel the same way
    03-07-2017 10:53 PM
    Side note, has anyone received Google Assistant AFTER the Nougat update? I've been checking pretty often and the Google app updated last week, but Assistant didn't arrive with it. Last night, I long pressed home and there it was! I now wonder if it was by design, or just coincidental that it showed up after the update.
    03-08-2017 04:53 AM
    Side note, has anyone received Google Assistant AFTER the Nougat update? I've been checking pretty often and the Google app updated last week, but Assistant didn't arrive with it. Last night, I long pressed home and there it was! I now wonder if it was by design, or just coincidental that it showed up after the update.
    Here is what I know so far. It does not matter what device you have, where you live, what carrier you have or what Google App and Google Services version you have. It is all based on each individual Google account and each individual device wirhin that account which dictates when you get updated from Google Now to Google Assistant. It is activated on Google's server-side at any moment and any time. I hope this information is helpful to you or anyone else.
    Oh, I have not been updated to Google Assistant yet.
    Btravelen likes this.
    03-08-2017 06:53 AM
    Another strange bug....when I silence the phone....turn all sounds off and someone calls, it still rings but for a millisecond. Has anyone else experienced this?
    03-08-2017 07:27 AM
    Here is a recent review of apps that may help you accomplish what sounds like your looking to do.
    Thank you! I thought the ability to add was built in, but appears you're right, needs a 3rd party to use the API.
    LineKill likes this.
    03-08-2017 11:06 AM

I think this is a silly question, but when people say they are doing a FDR, are they doing it before they update, log into the phone, and install the update? or are they Downloading the update package, then FDR? or finally, update the Phone, then FDR? Because I am I totally missing the order.
    03-08-2017 02:42 PM
    Not silly at all, if you don't know.

The whole point of the FDR is to wipe away any trace of the old OS. This is so that there is nothing remaining from the old system that could potentially conflict with the new OS.

You could do the FDR, then upgrade. But most folks work it the other way. They make their backup (in case things go horribly wrong), then download and install the update, then do the FDR after the phone is completely optimized and the upgrade process is complete.

After that, you'll have a device that's as clean (from the software perspective) as it was when you took it new from the box. You'll have to set it up from the very beginning as well.
    sardar615 and LineKill like this.
    03-08-2017 02:59 PM
    Did 7.0 change the behavior of Other in storage? Before the update I kept it at 0MB. Now, can't seem to get it down. Even did a Factory Reset and Wipe Cache. Same results. Just curious if anybody else has experienced this.
    03-08-2017 03:54 PM
    I think this is a silly question, but when people say they are doing a FDR, are they doing it before they update, log into the phone, and install the update? or are they Downloading the update package, then FDR? or finally, update the Phone, then FDR? Because I am I totally missing the order.
    I always upgrade first and then do factory reset. Works like a charm each time.
    03-08-2017 06:32 PM
    quick question for you verizon users, guy i work with has the verizon s7 edge, told him about the update since he's not to tech savvy and showed him where to go in the phone to get the update. he comes in today and tells me he did the update and everything went fine. the odd thing i noticed was that his phones menu's look exactly the same as on 6.0. when i updated my at&t s7, every thing in the menu changed. is this normal? checked his version and he's on 7.0, but he has nothing i have, not even the same swipe down screen as mine. and he has the stock touchwiz launcher installed. just curious why his didn't change.
    03-08-2017 07:38 PM
    quick question for you verizon users, guy i work with has the verizon s7 edge, told him about the update since he's not to tech savvy and showed him where to go in the phone to get the update. he comes in today and tells me he did the update and everything went fine. the odd thing i noticed was that his phones menu's look exactly the same as on 6.0. when i updated my at&t s7, every thing in the menu changed. is this normal? checked his version and he's on 7.0, but he has nothing i have, not even the same swipe down screen as mine. and he has the stock touchwiz launcher installed. just curious why his didn't change.
    You can change setting to "Samsung" view instead of the VZ setting menu that VZ for some reason likes to keep. Go to setting and then at the top right corner, click the 3 dots and choose "View as simplified list". The setting menu will now look like how Samsung made it for Nougat.
    LineKill likes this.
    03-08-2017 09:27 PM
    I kept getting Download Unsuccessful error: 400. Rebooting into recovery, wiping the cache, reboot and trying the download again worked!
    03-08-2017 10:16 PM
    You can change setting to "Samsung" view instead of the VZ setting menu that VZ for some reason likes to keep. Go to setting and then at the top right corner, click the 3 dots and choose "View as simplified list". The setting menu will now look like how Samsung made it for Nougat.
    Wasn't aware you could do that. Thank you.
    03-08-2017 11:38 PM
122 ... 345