Verizon Wireless Nougat Now Available

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure what's going on with mine. At noon today the update was available. I tried to download but it wouldn't take. I assume it has something to do with my workplace wifi. I got home and tried again and it says no update is available for download. What gives?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what's going on with mine. At noon today the update was available. I tried to download but it wouldn't take. I assume it has something to do with my workplace wifi. I got home and tried again and it says no update is available for download. What gives?

If you have not restarted your phone, try that.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Verizon sure kept you guys waiting long enough! lol Glad you are finally getting it. :)

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Upgrade went without a hitch. Nice to see some of the features from the Note 7 now on here with performance mode, expanded notification shade, Always on Display with notifications now, etc. Phone is still settling down, so I expect some of the initial choppiness to go away in a day or so. Don't plan on doing a factory reset unless I encounter issues.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Upgrade went without a hitch. Nice to see some of the features from the Note 7 now on here with performance mode, expanded notification shade, Always on Display with notifications now, etc. Phone is still settling down, so I expect some of the initial choppiness to go away in a day or so. Don't plan on doing a factory reset unless I encounter issues.

I really enjoy the updated AOD!

lady of the lake

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Mines downloaded but I'm hesitant to install it. I've got some traveling to do at the end of the week and I'm leading the group with all the flight, hotel, car arrangements made and stored on apps on my Verizon S7edge. Reading all the horror stories has me spooked.

Once I install I can't go back to the old OS, is that correct? This is my first Android. I was a long time BlackBerry user and I'm not as familiar with this system.

Frank Aiello

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
OK I got the notification and I said update now, the phone turned off as it would usually do in a update but the the boot screen came up and it's been stuck there now for 15 mins. What should I do, reboot?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Mines downloaded but I'm hesitant to install it. I've got some traveling to do at the end of the week and I'm leading the group with all the flight, hotel, car arrangements made and stored on apps on my Verizon S7edge. Reading all the horror stories has me spooked.

Once I install I can't go back to the old OS, is that correct? This is my first Android. I was a long time BlackBerry user and I'm not as familiar with this system.

You should wait until you get back before you update. There is nothing the update will give you that you need on your trip. It is better if you have a phone that you know is working and are familiar with. It is a big update, you can spend some time with it when you get back. You can go back to marshmallow but it not as easy as just hitting a downgrade button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12