Verizon Wireless Nougat Now Available

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
OK I got the notification and I said update now, the phone turned off as it would usually do in a update but the the boot screen came up and it's been stuck there now for 15 mins. What should I do, reboot?

Try holding the power button until the phone turns off and then power it up again.

Frank Aiello

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Try holding the power button until the phone turns off and then power it up again.

Restarted phone and went back to check for update and it's saying "update in process" but the phone is still usable?? Did I screw something up? Should I reboot or just wait it out?

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Update went smoothly. Did a factory reset just in case there'd be any hiccups. Battery seems about the same for me. Loving the update so far.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Restarted phone and went back to check for update and it's saying "update in process" but the phone is still usable?? Did I screw something up? Should I reboot or just wait it out?

I am not sure exactly where you are at. The update process does take a while. If you cannot cancel the update and restart the update wait for 45 minutes. If it appears that nothing is happening after this period try booting into recovery and wipe the partition cache.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I am glad most everyone is having a successful update. I have been using Nougat on the Verizon S7 edge for almost 4 months now. If anyone has any questions or problems I will do my best to answer and help.

jmunchies1

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the S7, did the update, and now my LED isn't blinking when I get notifications. Anyone know how to fix it? Thanks!
I had the same problem but a reboot seems to have fixed it.

Edit: Spoke too soon, LED not working for me either. Worked once after reboot then stopped again.

Anyone else with LED issues?

Last edited:

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If anyone has any questions or problems I will do my best to answer and help.

Seeing as how you asked :) I really am not seeing much other than the new battery stats that I consider an improvement. And going way the other way is the totally sucko theme and wallpaper app that forces you to give permissions for phone, contacts and one other that I can't remember. Just to change wallpaper, that is way stupid. Have you perchance found something else to do that?

Mark8768

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Updated mine... no big issues. My favorite theme is unusable but other then that not bad. A lot of note 7 in here which I love .... have to fiddle with my display settings some yet. Glad we finally got the update !

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
And going way the other way is the totally sucko theme and wallpaper app that forces you to give permissions for phone, contacts and one other that I can't remember. Just to change wallpaper, that is way stupid. Have you perchance found something else to do that?

The only way I known of is to install a 3rd party wallpaper app. They will also require permissions, but not as many.

taarkan

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Just installed on two different S7 Edges. One of them went without a hitch the other is having Wifi issues. The Wifi constantly connects then drops and then automatically turns Wifi off. There seems to be others with this issue from previous phone/vendor upgrades. Did anyone have this issue or know of a fix????

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem after the 7.0 update I had to do a factory reset and all problems are fixed.

I am glad a factory reset fixed you all up. There is nothing like a smooth running freshly reset device. I don't understand why some people get mad when it's even mentioned. Oh well, cheers!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci