Verizon Wireless Nougat Now Available

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, to clarify, when I long press an app, I do get some options, but nothing like that article describes.

I get a gray box with some options, but not this - https://www.droidmen.com/app-shortcuts-android-nougat-3d-touch/
Ok, that is all you get. It is very limited. What they are showing is on the Pixel. It is not even availavle in Nougat 7.0. It is Samsungs first attempt to do it themselves with their own launcher. You will have to wait for the next update for that. If you really like that functionality Nova Launcher does a great job with the long press options.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I am glad a factory reset fixed you all up. There is nothing like a smooth running freshly reset device. I don't understand why some people get mad when it's even mentioned. Oh well, cheers!
People get mad about it because then they have to set up everything again. Which you should not have to do. You don't have to do this on Apple devices.

I'm debating not updating. Runs fine the way it is.

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
People get mad about it because then they have to set up everything again. Which you should not have to do. You don't have to do this on Apple devices.

I've always done a factory reset with an OS update but things seem to be fine with this update. I'm gonna hold off doing a reset unless there are issues...Way too much hassle.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, that makes sense and I totally agree with you, you should not have to. Unfortunately in the Android world sometimes that is the only option left. It can be a very time consuming process depending on your setup. Also, if everything is not backed up properly you could lose some valuable things. It just kind of sucks if I make that recommendation and I get totally bashed like it is my fault. Maybe I am just too sensitive☺

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Omg nougat on the S8 is great. After I downloaded and applied the update I wiped my phone and it feels brand new.

It's so much faster and everything is more smooth. Even when it's not in "performance" mode. Loving the new colors and stuff too.

TX Jedi

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
When I pull down the notification shade (all the way), it has a search area (search phone and scan for nearby decices). It won't let me interact with it. It says apps not installed etc. Any ideas?

JeffACastro

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Upgrade killed my wifi. Wifi comes on and then turns off on its own following completion of upgrade. Seems to not be an isolated issue as i have seen a few questions on the site related to the same issue.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I am glad most everyone is having a successful update. I have been using Nougat on the Verizon S7 edge for almost 4 months now. If anyone has any questions or problems I will do my best to answer and help.

Can you change the background color of notifications?

alimaeeeee

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem but a reboot seems to have fixed it.

Edit: Spoke too soon, LED not working for me either. Worked once after reboot then stopped again.

Anyone else with LED issues?

I overlooked the simplest fix. I'm using Textra, and all I had to do was uninstall/reinstall and now it works. Thank God!

Hope you find the fix for yours!

dwight mckie

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
I have a Verizon S7 edge but currently in Jamaica. When ever i click on system update i am getting a message saying software update temporarily unavailable

taarkan

May 10, 2010
Visit site
JeffACastro
Upgrade killed my wifi. Wifi comes on and then turns off on its own following completion of upgrade. Seems to not be an isolated issue as i have seen a few questions on the site related to the same issue.

I had the same issue. A factory reset fixed it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vszvvone88