01-14-2018 12:47 PM
39 12
tools
    The screencaps I posted above were done on a S7 Edge running Nougat.
    Ok, thanks. I don't have any of those settings at the top of my reduced screen to minimize it, move it around. I'll keep looking for solutions
    03-07-2017 08:14 AM
    I believe this is what the OP was talking about. I can drag from the top right of the phones dial pad screen to bring it down to the lower left or drag from the top left and drag it down to the lower right.

You can do this with other apps as well.

Attachment 253635Attachment 253636
    I didn't know we could do any of this. It's pretty handy. Learn something new every day in this forum. Lol
    03-07-2017 08:26 AM
    I have this problem too, before I could keep my screen as the normal size (not one handed screen which I enabled by long pressing the home button), but the keyboard itself was smaller. As in I could shift it to the left or right depending on which hand I was using to type.
    There doesn't seem to be the option to do that anymore, can anyone help?
    03-08-2017 04:45 AM
    I have this problem too, before I could keep my screen as the normal size (not one handed screen which I enabled by long pressing the home button), but the keyboard itself was smaller. As in I could shift it to the left or right depending on which hand I was using to type.
    There doesn't seem to be the option to do that anymore, can anyone help?
    Press and hold second button to left of space key. Usually looks like a gear
    03-08-2017 11:26 AM
    Hi as you can see I don't have that option
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung S7 edge nougat update lost feature-screenshot_20170308-173311.jpg  
    03-08-2017 11:35 AM
    Hi as you can see I don't have that option
    The one with the smiley face and the Mic right above it, just left of the space bar. Long press that and it will bring up the option you are looking for.
    Deletethis and sardar615 like this.
    03-08-2017 02:34 PM
    Thanks so much! It worked
    LineKill likes this.
    03-08-2017 02:45 PM
    Ok, thanks. I don't have any of those settings at the top of my reduced screen to minimize it, move it around. I'll keep looking for solutions
    NexusGirl is on T-Mobile whereas you're on Verizon. It is entirely possible that is where the difference is coming in.
    03-08-2017 02:58 PM
    Go to settings > advanced features > multi window and enable pop-up view gesture. The instructions at the top of the screen will show you how to activate it by doing a diagonal swipe from the top corner.
    03-08-2017 03:43 PM
    That would be nice to select which ones. I'll put a picture up, but it appears Samsung also took away your feature of making short cut and what size you want and the ability to put anywhere on the screen. There's no options on the top to do that anymore. Is it somewhere else now?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e6068766ab.jpg
    I was able to do this in your picture by tapping the home button three times
    03-09-2017 12:34 AM
    I was able to do this in your picture by tapping the home button three times
    Yeah you can do screen reduction by tapping home button 3 times or by swiping, whichever option you pick.

I was referring to what I circled below. Those controls give you option to create shortcuts and resize the boxed app. As I found out from a post on here it's called multi window.

03-09-2017 06:21 AM
    Go to settings > advanced features > multi window and enable pop-up view gesture. The instructions at the top of the screen will show you how to activate it by doing a diagonal swipe from the top corner.
    That was how you do it. I could have sworn it was just there on earlier version. Thanks
    LineKill likes this.
    03-09-2017 06:34 AM
    I found your post and i had the same problem after trying everything i found the solution in any app that has typing feature try to type and when keyboard shows up at the left side of space bar there is a gear button press and hold it for 2secconds a popup windows with few icons will show up in the bottom row there is icon look like a keyboard that is sided to the right side of the square by clicking that you will enable that good old one handed feature which gives you right and left sided mini keyboard feature.as easy as that but it eas hard to find that.hope you find this useful. cheers 💥💥💥💥💥
    01-14-2018 04:34 AM
    That was how you do it. I could have sworn it was just there on earlier version. Thanks
    There is an easier way that someone here in AC found, I use it all the time.

-Tap on the recents key.
    -All of your open apps are shown.
    -Pick which one you want in pop up view.
    -Long press the chosen app and drag
    down to the blue shaded box that says
    'open in pop up view'. Release.

There you go. Works every single time.
    01-14-2018 12:47 PM
39 12