Samsung S7 edge nougat update lost feature

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, what I posted above pretty much does the same thing. In the two screenshots below, you see the phone app reduced in size like you see in your example. The second screenshot shows what it looks like when you minimize it. It sits on your home screen at the top or wherever you decide to move it, looking like an app icon. Tap it and it opens again just as it does in the first screenshot. It can stay there as an icon as long as you want, forever even. This is probably why they got rid of doing this in the manner you are looking for.

View attachment 253638View attachment 253639
I know it does, but one it requires an extra step to reduce screen size and it also makes everything smaller, such as the words. The old way everything stays original size, just reduces keypads and puts it on the side you want it.

When you get older reducing size isn't always the best solution with eyesight getting a little worse with age.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I know it does, but one it requires an extra step to reduce screen size and it also makes everything smaller, such as the words. The old way everything stays original size, just reduces keypads and puts it on the side you want it.

When you get older reducing size isn't always the best solution with eyesight getting a little worse with age.

I understand. I still have a Note 5 and my US unlocked S7 Edge on MM. I don't really plan on upgrading them to Nougat. Luckily, I have another S7 Edge on Nougat so I can have the best of both versions.

The thing that I don't like about reduces the size in the keyboard in all apps. It would be nice if you could just reduce the size of say just the keypad in the phone app.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I understand. I still have a Note 5 and my US unlocked S7 Edge on MM. I don't really plan on upgrading them to Nougat. Luckily, I have another S7 Edge on Nougat so I can have the best of both versions.

The thing that I don't like about reduces the size in the keyboard in all apps. It would be nice if you could just reduce the size of say just the keypad in the phone app.
That would be nice to select which ones. I'll put a picture up, but it appears Samsung also took away your feature of making short cut and what size you want and the ability to put anywhere on the screen. There's no options on the top to do that anymore. Is it somewhere else now?

d131604f03cf8aa37ec543e6068766ab.jpg

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
That would be nice to select which ones. I'll put a picture up, but it appears Samsung also took away your feature of making short cut and what size you want and the ability to put anywhere on the screen. There's no options on the top to do that anymore. Is it somewhere else now?

The screencaps I posted above were done on a S7 Edge running Nougat.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I believe this is what the OP was talking about. I can drag from the top right of the phones dial pad screen to bring it down to the lower left or drag from the top left and drag it down to the lower right.

You can do this with other apps as well.

View attachment 253635View attachment 253636
I didn't know we could do any of this. It's pretty handy. Learn something new every day in this forum. Lol

Deletethis

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I have this problem too, before I could keep my screen as the normal size (not one handed screen which I enabled by long pressing the home button), but the keyboard itself was smaller. As in I could shift it to the left or right depending on which hand I was using to type.
There doesn't seem to be the option to do that anymore, can anyone help?

droidtgray

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem too, before I could keep my screen as the normal size (not one handed screen which I enabled by long pressing the home button), but the keyboard itself was smaller. As in I could shift it to the left or right depending on which hand I was using to type.
There doesn't seem to be the option to do that anymore, can anyone help?

Press and hold second button to left of space key. Usually looks like a gear

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, thanks. I don't have any of those settings at the top of my reduced screen to minimize it, move it around. I'll keep looking for solutions
Go to settings > advanced features > multi window and enable pop-up view gesture. The instructions at the top of the screen will show you how to activate it by doing a diagonal swipe from the top corner.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I was able to do this in your picture by tapping the home button three times
Yeah you can do screen reduction by tapping home button 3 times or by swiping, whichever option you pick.

I was referring to what I circled below. Those controls give you option to create shortcuts and resize the boxed app. As I found out from a post on here it's called multi window.

5e86c07cbb642ee104e532fb4537ea8f.jpg

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings > advanced features > multi window and enable pop-up view gesture. The instructions at the top of the screen will show you how to activate it by doing a diagonal swipe from the top corner.
That was how you do it. I could have sworn it was just there on earlier version. Thanks

Ashkan Saberi

Jan 14, 2018
Visit site
I found your post and i had the same problem after trying everything i found the solution in any app that has typing feature try to type and when keyboard shows up at the left side of space bar there is a gear button press and hold it for 2secconds a popup windows with few icons will show up in the bottom row there is icon look like a keyboard that is sided to the right side of the square by clicking that you will enable that good old one handed feature which gives you right and left sided mini keyboard feature.as easy as that but it eas hard to find that.hope you find this useful. cheers 💥💥💥💥💥

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
That was how you do it. I could have sworn it was just there on earlier version. Thanks
There is an easier way that someone here in AC found, I use it all the time.

-Tap on the recents key.
-All of your open apps are shown.
-Pick which one you want in pop up view.
-Long press the chosen app and drag
down to the blue shaded box that says
'open in pop up view'. Release.

There you go. Works every single time.