Google syncing problem

Pastorhss

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
My Google Calendar and Contacts on my s7 edge w/Nougat are not syncing regularly to the phone.

With Marshmallow, I could go to my Settings/Accounts and decide what to sync "now". With Nougat, I get to determine what to sync and not to, and I see what appears to be a blacked out sync symbol, but I can't find how to get the Calendar or Contacts to sync "now". (immediately)

Please help.

Thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can 'Sync Now' the entire list (of what you chose to sync, obviously). In your Google Account settings, just tap the menu button on the top right and select SYNC NOW. If you turn sync off and back on for any item, it will force sync for that specific item in that moment, so that's how you could sync individual elements 'on demand'.

Pastorhss

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
You can 'Sync Now' the entire list (of what you chose to sync, obviously). In your Google Account settings, just tap the menu button on the top right and select SYNC NOW. If you turn sync off and back on for any item, it will force sync for that specific item in that moment, so that's how you could sync individual elements 'on demand'.

Thanks SpookDroid. That's the way it was with Marshmallow. But with Nougat, there is no hamburger at top right!?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's probably your theme. It IS there (if you look closely on your pictures or if you filter the colors, you'll see that the text and the menu is there, just in white, so the background is hiding it). See attached. (Also, I'd recommend either removing the image you included or blurring your e-mail account :) )2017-03-06_14-18-17.jpg

Pastorhss

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Hey spook. the attachment with email was a big blooper. i just deleted the post, but it didn't delete attachment. how can I do that???

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
When you're editing the post, just hit the GO ADVANCED button on the bottom, then find MANAGE ATTACHMENTS. That should let you delete things :) Or, since I already have the image edited, just delete the whole post, that should get rid of the attachments as well. Whatever works best for you :)

Pastorhss

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks spookdroid. Just as you said. It's the dark theme. (for saving battery) Now, I pressed the right corner, and there is a Cancel sync. Calendar last synced 90 mins ago, contacts and gmail 18 hrs ago. i decided to cancel sync and sync now. App data updates, but the others do not.

any suggestions?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you get any errors on those sync items? Whenever those kind of issues happen the best course of action is usually to remove your Google account and re-add it.

Pastorhss

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Hey Spook. This is a bit off topic, but I removed account and reinstalled. I get the text for 2 step verification, but no option to enter the code. It goes to terms and conditions. Then, under my google account, there is no calendar, contacts, mail. i've repeated four times. any idea???

Pastorhss

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
spook. i entered the account in the gmail app. when I go to accounts, everything is there except for Contacts. when I press sync now, app data, google fit, people details sync, but not calendar and gmail. yikes. and I still can't get my contacts.

Pastorhss

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Good morning SpookDroid. I kept googling, looking for help last night, and found this in an Android Central thread:

"Had the same issue but this is what I did: Settings>Apps>three vertical dots>show system>contact storage>storage>clear data and clear cache. Restart phone and it should work"

I don't know why or how, (I'm not a techy) but apparently after doing this (of a number of things I tried) the option to sync Google Contact showed under Accounts/Google. In my Contacts app it also showed as an option for Contacts to display. This morning all my contacts were synced to the phone. Hallelujah!

Thanks for putting up with me. God bless you.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad you found the solution! :) Not sure why that happened, though... weird bug :S I was really scared when you re-added your account and you didn't have those options there! haha

Pastorhss

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Glad you found the solution! :) Not sure why that happened, though... weird bug :S I was really scared when you re-added your account and you didn't have those options there! haha

I was really praying, Spook. God is good! I'll see you around these parts. I love technology, have a lot of it, use/need it for personal, ministry. But I'm not a real tecky guy. Thanks for helping and following up. God bless you.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey, no problem! We're all here to help! ;) If you're ever stuck, just shoot us a message and we'll do the best we can to try and solve it or just chat about Android :p

God bless you, too! :)

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Settings>Apps>three vertical dots>show system>contact storage>storage>clear data and clear cache. Restart phone and it should work"

I tried this but it didn't work for me.

Hoping you can help me out.

I removed and then added my google account to fix the sync issue. Only some of my contacts synced. My sync still shows it synced on 3/15/17 after I added my account but won't anymore. No errors are showing on the page.

Any Suggestions?