03-28-2017 07:59 PM
96 1234
tools
    If you are talking 3 dots on the Galaxy App Store there is no "my apps" option, only copy link, help and open in Chrome.

I am pulling down the notification shade and using the quick settings panel.
    03-10-2017 12:21 PM
    If you are talking 3 dots on the Galaxy App Store there is no "my apps" option, only copy link, help and open in Chrome.

I am not sure what you are looking at. I attached an image for you.
    Verizon S7 edge - Nougat Help, Tips & Tricks-screenshot_20170310-114249.png
    I am pulling down the notification shade and using the quick settings panel.
    I have not added it to my quick settings yet, but when you edit the panel it should be at the bottom.
    Verizon S7 edge - Nougat Help, Tips & Tricks-screenshot_20170310-114152.jpg
    03-10-2017 12:47 PM
    The lack of the notification LED would be just one reason I won't upgrade, not unless I eventually have to. There are certain features I've come to expect on my phone (been using the Galaxy since the S3), and if providers, manufacturers, or Google themselves start removing them, the heck with it. I know a lot of S7/Edge users were waiting hard for this upgrade, especially since every other provider rolled it out months ago. Still, I am in no hurry and Marshmallow is running just fine on my Edge. I sometimes get the feeling that these "upgrades" are done simply for the sake of doing it, and we users are left picking up the pieces.
    mountainman likes this.
    03-10-2017 12:55 PM
    I get LED notifications.... So not everyone is missing them.
    03-10-2017 02:58 PM
    Please help yesterday I updated to the Nougat everything went well accept the samsung tts voice data keeps poping up with the countries how do I stop it from doing this it dint start until I had installed the Nougat very annoying. Thank you
    03-10-2017 03:21 PM
    I get LED notifications.... So not everyone is missing them.
    Yep, LED works exactly like it did with MM. The only thing I've seen so far that I don't care for is the text app, and as I rarely use it, yawn. It appears some apps also need to upgrade, but they are taking care of themselves and have not created an issue so far.
    03-10-2017 03:31 PM
    The text app (which I assume is Verizon's) was the first go-to app I replaced. The stock on on my Edge7 was really poorly designed, and I'm now a paid Textra user. Highly recommended. Good to hear that the LED notification is intact. Still on the fence, though.
    03-10-2017 03:59 PM
    I have not added it to my quick settings yet, but when you edit the panel it should be at the bottom.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170310-114152.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	253924
    Re. the App Store, what is the URL to that screen? I have tried my Samsung Acct and various Galaxy App sites and can't replicate it.

Re. the Quick Settings, I have done that. There is no button there.
    03-10-2017 04:57 PM
    One thing I noticed is that even though we get more notifications in the AOD you still can't preview them without unlocking the phone or at least I can't.... still not as crisp as the note 7 was with the AOD features.
    03-10-2017 05:04 PM
    Re. the App Store, what is the URL to that screen? I have tried my Samsung Acct and various Galaxy App sites and can't replicate it.

Re. the Quick Settings, I have done that. There is no button there.
    Maybe you need to update Secure Folder before it will show up in the quick settings panel.

There is no URL or website for the Galaxy Apps store. It is already on your device as an application just like the Play Store. If you cannot find it, go into your app drawer and type "Galaxy" in the search bar. Also, while you are there, type "Secure" in the search bar.
    03-10-2017 08:21 PM
    One thing I noticed is that even though we get more notifications in the AOD you still can't preview them without unlocking the phone or at least I can't.... still not as crisp as the note 7 was with the AOD features.
    Yeah, the improvement in the AOD from Marshmallow to Nougat is a welcome change though.
    03-10-2017 10:38 PM
    I'm in the Uk and looked at secure folder and used it but after looking around for further information on it I found some users had experienced increased battery drain from it !
    03-11-2017 02:27 AM
    Yes it's the same with my s7 edge as my Security Protocols such as pin / fingerprint modes are turned on. Certainly wouldn't want someone picking my phone up and double tapping the notification icon and gain access that way.
    03-11-2017 02:30 AM
    Maybe you need to update Secure Folder before it will show up in the quick settings panel.

There is no URL or website for the Galaxy Apps store. It is already on your device as an application just like the Play Store. If you cannot find it, go into your app drawer and type "Galaxy" in the search bar. Also, while you are there, type "Secure" in the search bar.
    Galaxy does not show as an app. And a search for "Galaxy" or "Secure" produces no results.
    03-11-2017 06:30 AM
    I had to do a factory reset on mine yesterday, the battery drained to 80% in my hour drive to work.. Man do I hate adding everything back.
    03-11-2017 06:47 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170310-114152.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	253924
    Okay now I have it. I had to go into widgets and display the Galaxy Essentials widget on the screen. Then when I tapped on that it brought up the screen that you show. I have now added the Secure Folder button and I'm about to put some things in there.

Thanks a lot for your help on this. It is very strange that this would not show up and that I had to activate a widget in order to get going.
    LineKill likes this.
    03-11-2017 07:39 AM
    Galaxy does not show as an app. And a search for "Galaxy" or "Secure" produces no results.
    Go into recovery and wipe the cache partition. Then go back and see if those apps appear. The Galaxy Apps store should definitely be on your phone. If that does not bring them back then you really should do a factory reset. Both of those apps are built into the OS.
    03-11-2017 07:55 AM
    Okay now I have it. I had to go into widgets and display the Galaxy Essentials widget on the screen. Then when I tapped on that it brought up the screen that you show. I have now added the Secure Folder button and I'm about to put some things in there.

Thanks a lot for your help on this. It is very strange that this would not show up and that I had to activate a widget in order to get going.
    I am happy you were able to locate it☺
    03-11-2017 07:58 AM
    Anyone know how to get color notification icon, I detest these white icons? The only app I use that has them is Textra. If one app can do it why can't they all?
    03-11-2017 08:35 AM
    I am happy you were able to locate it☺
    So far I'm not impressed. I added two different apps into the Secure Folder. They ain't secure. If you do a search in apps they show up and if you tap on them you can see everything. If you tap them on the Home Screen however it takes you to the Secure Folder and you have enter your PIN or whatever. I haven't found any instructions on the Internet or in Settings to secure this.
    03-11-2017 10:15 AM
    So far I'm not impressed. I added two different apps into the Secure Folder. They ain't secure. If you do a search in apps they show up and if you tap on them you can see everything. If you tap them on the Home Screen however it takes you to the Secure Folder and you have enter your PIN or whatever. I haven't found any instructions on the Internet or in Settings to secure this.
    Also with one of the apps, when you add to the Secure Folder and try to open it asks you to create a new account.
    03-11-2017 10:22 AM
    Also with one of the apps, when you add to the Secure Folder and try to open it asks you to create a new account.
    That is how it is designed. You can have separate accounts in the folder from the rest of the phone. It is hard for me to explain. See if this helps.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/how-to-...ung-galaxy-s7/
    03-11-2017 10:26 AM
    I had to do a factory reset on mine yesterday, the battery drained to 80% in my hour drive to work.. Man do I hate adding everything back.
    It does suck, but it is really nice when you are finished. You shouldn't have any of the issues that others are reporting either as long as all the apps you are using are updated and compatible with Nougat.
    03-11-2017 10:36 AM
    Anyone know how to get color notification icon, I detest these white icons? The only app I use that has them is Textra. If one app can do it why can't they all?
    I am not sure why myself. You would think it would not be too difficult for Samsung to do.
    03-11-2017 10:39 AM
    That is how it is designed. You can have separate accounts in the folder from the rest of the phone. It is hard for me to explain. See if this helps.

How to Use Samsung Secure Folder on Galaxy S7
    Ok, thanks for that. For most things I don't want two accounts. I probably won't use it for much.

But here's the first thing I tried. I put my Google Drive in there. I don't want people to have access to that. However since I can do a search in apps and tap on it when it displays and it shows the contents it has no value.

I was going to put the Last Pass, my password manager, in there too. But I'm going to wait till I see if I can get the Google Drive thing fixed.
    03-11-2017 10:43 AM
96 1234