Verizon S7 edge - Nougat Help, Tips & Tricks

pixelflow

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Re: Verizon Nougat Help, Tips & Tricks

Hey There
Unfortunately, I can't change my S7 (Vodafone UK) Edge's language or delete. I can add but I want to delete the United States language (or at least make UK the top one) so that Assistant doesn't sound
906bab66c005192d446d865b91a02873.gif
Can someone help me?

Thanks,
-Dan

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

Hey There
Unfortunately, I can't change my S7 (Vodafone UK) Edge's language or delete. I can add but I want to delete the United States language (or at least make UK the top one) so that Assistant doesn't sound.

Can someone help me?

Thanks,
-Dan
While you're in the settings section where you can add language tap on edit in the upper right corner. Then you can delete or rearrange your installed languages. The language you put on top will be your default language.

mushie143

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I just did the Nougat update and no longer have the Fast Charging option in my settings. Where can I find it?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

I just did the Nougat update and no longer have the Fast Charging option in my settings. Where can I find it?
Go to Device maintenance > Battery > 3 Dots > Advanced settings. If it is already on try turning it off and back on again, unless you want it off. That is where to find it though.

Joe1776

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site

I guess I've been under a rock - I didn't know Nougat was out until I randomly checked for an update. It's installing now but I guess I should have waited with all the problems some are having.

I've been all over the net trying to figure out some of these issues. Wait as long as you can.

I've been a S series lover since my first Samsung, the S2. I haven't even looked at another line since. Nougat is by far the absolute worst update. Ever. My S7 is a shell of what it was 3 days ago. There is hardly anything that was jacked over.

It's ok though "do a factory reset" and everything will be fine.... It's like half of the goto responses for anything came out of the 1995 tech service Rolodex, right after "did you check to make sure it's plugged in?"

SMH.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
When you get an update and you are having issue that most people are not having the first step would be to clear the device cache.

This will not erase any data and can help some issues.

cache.JPG

Resetting the device if needed for most is a last resort, some people love pain and reset the device every time...LOL. However sometimes an app or app data will conflict with an update and that is when a wipe is unfortunately needed. We have millions of apps and they don't all play nice.

Kasper610

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site

So GSAM doesn't show individual app battery stats anymore after the update. Anybody find another battery app that does?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon S7 edge - Nougat Help, Tips & Tricks

Verizon Settings Tip:

As most of you are aware Verizon offers two different listing views for their settings, Simplified & Standard. You tap on the 3 dots to change them.

Even with the simplified list there can be differences in the layouts between carriers.

When you cannot find a setting that someone has mentioned, make use of the Search function in the settings.

Sometimes features and settings are hidden quite deep, using the Search helps find these quite fast and efficiently.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers