Defender for S7 Edge or Supcase? which do you prefer?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
So I have both cases. The Defender and the Unicorn Beetle Pro for my S7 Edge? I'm currently using the Supcase for my Edge, but don't think it offers enough protection.

I have the Defender for it, but the screen protector takes away some of the functionality, otherwise it is one of the best Defenders they have ever made.

Which would you stick to using?

Well I don't have much longer to use the S7 Edge because the S8 Plus will be out at the very end of April hopefully.

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't own a defender. I do own a Supcase Unicorn Beetle. I dropped my Edge face down on the concrete and not a scratch. I've been sold on this case ever since. I can't speak for the protection when dropped on a corner though. Maybe the defender would be better in that situation being that it is a little thicker. At least it is on my iPhone, but I haven't dropped my iPhone yet.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't own a defender. I do own a Supcase Unicorn Beetle. I dropped my Edge face down on the concrete and not a scratch. I've been sold on this case ever since. I can't speak for the protection when dropped on a corner though. Maybe the defender would be better in that situation being that it is a little thicker. At least it is on my iPhone, but I haven't dropped my iPhone yet.

The screen protector on the defender for the Edge is thick and takes away from the sensitivity which drives me crazy but it fits tight and doesn't allow dust to get under it. The defender is a great case except the horrible screen protector.

Madjoe86

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
I love my otterbox defender for my S7 edge. I see a lot about the screen protector causing problems with screen sensitivity but I haven't had a single issue. They are tough as nails. I've used otterbox defenders since the early blackberry days and haven't had half the trouble everyone else say they have.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
So I have both cases. The Defender and the Unicorn Beetle Pro for my S7 Edge? I'm currently using the Supcase for my Edge, but don't think it offers enough protection.

I have the Defender for it, but the screen protector takes away some of the functionality, otherwise it is one of the best Defenders they have ever made.

Which would you stick to using?

Well I don't have much longer to use the S7 Edge because the S8 Plus will be out at the very end of April hopefully.
I don't have a Defender for my 7 edge, but do have Otterbox Symmetry for it and it's been great, looks good too. Also have a simple clear flimsy type one (ended up getting amazon refund on it because it's quality is so bad, no need to return it lol). My Note 5 has a Unicorn beetle and an Otterbox commuter, also a clear silicone case but it's sturdier than the one for my 7edge

ritz68

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm a bit late to the party, but for what it's worth. I always got Otterboxes for my family for every device. The back part of the defender over time would start to "bubble" and became loose. There was no protection whatsoever on the back. Our daughter's would carry them in their pockets and over time the rubber started tearing. I got a unicorn beetle for my s7e last year, and the only problem I've had with it is if you take your phone out of the case repeatedly (such as using it on VR glasses), the plastic frame on the inside of the case (the colored trim piece) can break. Both my husbands and my inside trim piece have broken. And the biggest complaint in the Amazon reviews is that the trim piece breaks. That being said, the outside piece (the rubber and colored hard plastic outer shell) is so sturdy, that it has not affected the functionality of the case at all. I really like the raised bevels at the top and bottom as it keeps the screen off a flat surface or if you drop it. The port covers still close, volume and power buttons are still responsive. I'm upgrading to the s8+ and am giving my s7e to my daughter, but I don't like the colors of the unicforn beetle s8+ cases, so I'm torn. I'm leaning towards a UAG Pathfinder or Metropolis. But between Otterbox Defender & Supcase Unicorn Beetle? Save yourself the extra money & go Supcase.

allenethanm

Aug 2, 2017
Visit site
I love my otterbox defender for my S7 edge. I see a lot about the screen protector causing problems with screen sensitivity but I haven't had a single issue. They are tough as nails. I've used otterbox defenders since the early blackberry days and haven't had half the trouble everyone else say they have.

Apparently a regular dose of the Otterbox Kool Aid helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20