Is Textra the best texting app?

StephaneM60

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
it's a nice texting app. You can customize it in almost every possible way. Good support for emoticons, gif and other apps (drivemode, android wear, gboard...). You can assign a specific tone for each contact.

Though, i reverted to stock messaging app because textra failed to send mms for me (my provider set a 600kb limit on mms and textra doesn't compress videos when yo add them : both stock messaging and android messages can so...). Even though I contacted support about this, they replied back to tell me that level 2 support should recontact me and as of today they never did.

Note : my S7 is still on Marshmallow...

Est_XCIV

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I have an issue on Textra with not being able to see messages that i have sent. I can see messages that I have received. This also applies to other 3rd party messaging apps. Any suggestions?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
My only gripe is when I hit send it closes the app and I have to reopen it every time to re-read what I wrote or others. This, even tho I have the option to do that unselected.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
My only gripe is when I hit send it closes the app and I have to reopen it every time to re-read what I wrote or others. This, even tho I have the option to do that unselected.
I don't use Textra myself, but if you have not already tried, select the option and then unselect it again. See if that knocks some sense into it.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't use Textra myself, but if you have not already tried, select the option and then unselect it again. See if that knocks some sense into it.
Yeah, thanks, tried that a few times. Might actually go back to Message + as I liked that a lot and came over to Textra only the past 2 or weeks ago to try it out.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, thanks, tried that a few times. Might actually go back to Message + as I liked that a lot and came over to Textra only the past 2 or weeks ago to try it out.
That's what I used to use it is pretty decent, now I have it disabled and just use Messages. I am not much of a texter. I just send basic text now and then. I do see the attraction for Textra for those that are into it though.

MarkMN

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if it's the best, but Textra is my favorite text app. It does everything I need it for and I can customize it the way I like.

Mark

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I like Textra. I am currently using it as me default SMS app. I don't have any issues for the way I have it set up.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I personally love Textra. The quick reply along with the customization has me using them as my default app :).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000