I broke my samsung galaxy s7 edge last week and received a new one in the mail. I am basically starting fresh with this phone except I did use the sim card from my old phone. I initially thought I lost all of my contacts. When receiving texts and calls, all that comes up is the phone number of my contact. Today I went to look in the contacts app and all of my contacts are still in there, names and pictures and all. I just can't figure out how to get my text and phone apps (the normal ones that came with the phone) to show my contact names. While my old phone is smashed and the screen is unreadable, it does still turn on so I don't know if using the smart switch, or similar app, would work for me. Has anyone else had a similar problem? What did you do to fix it? I can't seem to find this exact issue online anywhere.
    03-12-2017 01:39 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are the contacts only saved to the local Phone account, or to your Samsung account, or to your Google account?

Go to Settings>App Manager, and select the Phone app, then tap Permissions. Does it have permission to access your contacts?
    03-13-2017 12:36 AM