Ever since I installed the upgrade, my phone is very sluggish, especially when scrolling up or down a page. It can be a text, Facebook, Chrome or email and the screen freezes while scrolling. I have deleted temp files, rebooted the phone but it hasnt helped. This is so annoying. Thoughts?
    03-12-2017 07:03 PM
    Moved from the Nougat forum to the S7 edge forum, since this is likely a device-specific issue.

Have you already tried wiping the cache partition? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28028
    03-12-2017 11:04 PM
    When did you do the update as it can't take a few days for the phone to settle.

If it's been a while and a System Cache clean does not help the next perhaps after creating a Back Up then Factory Reset.

Also do you have ample storage space as phones memory that is maxed out can have issues like yours. Using the optimisation feature in the phone too may help.
    03-13-2017 01:51 AM
    If none of the previous suggestions have yielded satisfactory results try going to settings > device maintenance > storage > internal storage > cache data and clear. If that does not help then I would agree with bandofbrothers2112, it is time to do a backup and perform a factory reset.
    03-13-2017 02:39 AM
    Moved from the Nougat forum to the S7 edge forum, since this is likely a device-specific issue.

Have you already tried wiping the cache partition? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28028
    Yes, I have
    03-21-2017 10:37 PM
    I have the same problem. I also have an unacceptable delay with the home button. I think maybe I didn't actually press the button so I do it again and ACK! It is very frustrating and I was hoping to avoid the factory reset. I guess I just better get on with it...
    03-22-2017 04:15 PM
    It seems to be slower for me too. But how do you do factory reset?
    03-22-2017 05:16 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I've already done a factory reset and wipe the cache every couple days. Is it just me or does every Galaxy S get laggy right before the new model comes out? Never had this issue with other brands or even the note line. At times my edge gets so slow it's basically unusable.
    03-22-2017 10:03 PM
    Ever since I installed the upgrade, my phone is very sluggish, especially when scrolling up or down a page. It can be a text, Facebook, Chrome or email and the screen freezes while scrolling. I have deleted temp files, rebooted the phone but it hasnt helped. This is so annoying. Thoughts?

I'm having the same problem. I've already done a factory reset and wipe the cache every couple days. Is it just me or does every Galaxy S get laggy right before the new model comes out? Never had this issue with other brands or even the note line. At times my edge gets so slow it's basically unusable.
    I
    03-22-2017 10:03 PM
    I did a factory reset several days after getting the Nougat update as my phone was getting sluggish and glitchy. Still having some sluggishness and studders I never had before and it's annoying. I've cleared cache, but no difference. Don't want to do another reset as it's a major pain with all the customization I have...
    03-23-2017 03:48 PM
    Having the same issue here. It's most noticeable on the camera app. Sometimes it won't turn on for 30 seconds. The actions gone by that time.
    Doesn't seem like I'm hearing alot of positive out of a factory reset too. I did try everything else already.
    MaryS910 likes this.
    03-23-2017 08:54 PM
    Both my son and I have noticed substantial performance degradation since update Nougat on S7. We are talking about pathetic slow if not crashing and frozen. Across the board. All apps. Especially maps, camera and texting and websurf. And on top of that spell check and autocorrect are horrible with Nougat. I suspect that Samsung and Google collude to trash last year's phone so we are forced to buy S8. Can we unload Nougat and go back to Marshmallow?
    05-01-2017 08:07 PM
    Have had no delays since Nougat. Camera has no delay, screens do not lag at all. Battery unchanged as far as I can tell.
    05-01-2017 10:11 PM
    I'm having the same issue but after Oreo update and it's mostly when playing games (golf clash)is it my Ram? Every time it happens my ram percentage is higher than normal. I would love to figure this out SMH
    07-21-2018 08:03 PM
    I removed all of the VR stuff that came with mine and battery life has improved significantly. I also fee its snappy when moving screens and using it in general.
    07-24-2018 04:44 PM