Google App Traffic Notifications

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this is a Google thing, Nougat thing, or what so let's try posting here. :) I don't recall this happening before the update, but I may be wrong.

The Google App keeps giving me traffic notifications. They are annoying. I cannot figure out how to get them to stop! I've turned off all notifications in Google Maps for traffic, I don't use the Google Now cards (if they're even called that anymore), and I can't seem to find anywhere that has traffic notifications enabled!

I'm sure there's a toggle somewhere I'm missing, but I can't find it and I'd really like to stop these notifications. I don't want to kill notifications from the tray, because seeing as this is a "google" notification I don't know what other notifications I would be killing.

Any advice?

TIA

Hey I Tried

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Ok, though so, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

If the notification pops. Up again, press and hold the Notification, that should take you directly to the app that is pushing the notifications.

If it is Google maps, you can just shut off notifications from that app.

But, if it is another program, it might help narrow down what program is causing the issue.

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Just to follow up on this, I've done the following:

Enabled Google Now.
Enabled/disabled all Notifications.
Disabled Google Now.
Enabled/disabled all traffic Notifications in Maps.
Repeated the exercise on the other device on the account.

So far today, I received no alerts. Either that worked, or there were just no traffic incidents to report. We'll see.