Do you like Nougat or Marshmallow?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I would like to take an informal survey. There are a lot of people that do not like Nougat and would much rather go back to Marshmallow. Even though you hear more from these people I think they are in the minority, but I could be wrong. You hear more from these people because they are looking for solutions to their problems. People don't really come here to tell you how great Nougat is.

I would like to hear from both sides. I myself absolutely love Nougat I think it is a nice step up from Marshmallow. I could never go back to Marshmallow after using Nougat. How about you?

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
While I don't have my edge anymore I do enjoy Android N a lot in my Pixel. I doubt I'd feel differently on the S7 Edge.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm still on Marshmallow, kind of worried about upgrading: I'm very much not a fan of white, and I've heard that the defaults are in that color... You know, some things are not affected by themes, and dark themes can really bugger up apps which are built under certain color-choice assumptions.

Also, I use klink to tether to my computer on occasion, and I'd feel better if I know Nougat won't screw that up.

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I love nougat so far. It's the best update I've ever done and so far phone is running good.

My favorite part of nougat is the new notification drop down, more sleek, and I love that I can reply to text messages from the notification drop down.

Hey I Tried

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Nougat for performance and battery. On the fence still about the notifications.

But, with the edge, some of the perks have been gutted with the update.

No more lock screen rotating wall papers, no more edge contact colors, edge feeds are touchy at best.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
MM was better on battery life, could get up to 7hrs SOT on mobile data with it, N seems to want to push the cpu harder to keep things fast and fluid. Double tapping recents for app switching and androids own multi window are welcome additions

talberry

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
I've just gotten nougat updated yesterday for my S7.
Not too sure of the changes, but the quick settings are sleeker, but needs to get some getting used to.

I preferred how in mm you could check the data usage and battery usage from the quick menu. I can't seem to find it in nougat.

But battery seems to be improved so far for me.

Overall quite okay with the changes. But nothing that blows me away yet.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Besides some little tweaks that I had to get used like the settings menu and the quick settings, nougat is good. I should have been used to the layout from having the note 7, but I didn't have it long enough. Lol I mainly wanted the aod that would show third party notifications back.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Like MM just fine and have yet to get the upgrade to N. If I can get better battery life with N I'll be happy to upgrade. Sounding like that's a wild card. As for the rest it's not really that exciting to me. After playing with numerous Pixels TBH N just isn't all that exciting , for me anyway. Also, Some are saying better battery and some are saying worse. Don't need worse, so fine sticking on MM for now at least and not in a rush.

I appreciate the thread tho and interesting to see mixed responses.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't have an S7 edge (only had a Note 7) but I did try out the Grace UI on an S7 edge and I actually like it. Nougat also seems to perform better on the S7 after a proper wipe and reset.

I've actually been using it since it rolled off on a bunch of devices and it's a really solid OS.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Nougat all day. If only because I had the Note 7 first; the Note 7, with Grace UI was great. Now the S7 Edge has much of that same functionality and more.

davisgq

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Battery life has been amazing since Nougat. No complaints here. It was a little sluggish at first, as all phones tend to get after an update, but been butter smooth since. Love the notifications on AOD. That was one thing I missed on the Edge coming from Blackberry.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc