Do you like Nougat or Marshmallow?

talberry

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Battery life has been amazing since Nougat. No complaints here. It was a little sluggish at first, as all phones tend to get after an update, but been butter smooth since. Love the notifications on AOD. That was one thing I missed on the Edge coming from Blackberry.

AOD?

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
@magerb. I just logged In and click - Today's posts & stop
on this thread: Can't omit my opinion 'cause I haven't
get the Nougat yet. The desire to have the latest
Android-OS is natural. The negative side is
deal with its bugs: stay Tuned! :cool:

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't feel that Nougat is a big deal. Nothing earth shattering about it. Having said that, I will also say that I have not had a single problem with it. Phone runs smoothly. Battery life is acceptable, but I don't think it is better than MM. Not worse either.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a S7 Edge running nougat and I also have a U.S unlocked Edge running marshmallow. I like them both and both have exactly the same battery life which is amazing. I get about 4 hours of screen time on each phone on every charge. I do plan on leaving the U.S unlocked Edge on marshmallow at least for several months.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Enjoying Nougat thoroughly. The Battery Life and Smoothness are worth the upgrade, but you MUST do a full format after updating.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Still on MM. Nothing I'm thrilled about in N, so going to give it a lot of time to settle before upgrading. The battery life of my S7E on MM is by far the best I've ever had, so am worried that will take a hit, as some are reporting. I didn't upgrade my Nexus 6P to N either. Way too many issues with N when it first came out on the 6P.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Great question @magerb, I currently have Marshmallow on my PRIV and it seems to be working fine for me and i quite enjoy it so I'm not 'chomping at the bit' to upgrade. BUT i do love a couple features included in Nougat like the added security and battery saving functionality. So i would say Nougat is better simply because of that but not essential. :)

Fredman1239

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
Hi... My Galaxy 7 got updated to Nougat... and now I am Having problems building my game from Unity 5.4 to my phone... I can still build the same game to my Tablet and older Galaxy with Marshmellow... I tried installing Nougat in Android Studio but it wont Download...

1.) If I install Unity 5.5 will this allow me to build for Nougat?

2.) Or is there an easy way to downgrade my galaxy back to Marshmallow?

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
U say that after update everyone should reset the phone?
Yep, in my opinion you should reset after every major Android update. I auve been burnt way too many times by Android updates that made the phone wonky due to not doing a full wipe.

IMO, if you want the best experience do a full factory reset then just restore your setup, the phone will run faster.

ELvinasjuo

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Yep, in my opinion you should reset after every major Android update. I auve been burnt way too many times by Android updates that made the phone wonky due to not doing a full wipe.

IMO, if you want the best experience do a full factory reset then just restore your setup, the phone will run faster.

Best way I think to use smart switch and emergency software recovery and initialization

brad419

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Nougat for the win! Seems like a new phone. Best upgrade yet IMO. With themes you can get rid of most of the white.
And we move forward on Android.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
The new notification system is way way way better on Nougat. Phone running like a champ after upgrade and factory reset. Week 2 on Nougat and just awesome.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power