Should i factory reset s7 edge after nougat update?

ELvinasjuo

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone! After installing nougat on my s7 edge exynos version i see that my battery life getting worse. Before i get 6 hrs screen on time, but after update i get around 4 hrs screen on time.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I would highly recommend that you do a factory reset. It is the best way to get optimal battery life and a good user experience. My battery life is better after performing a reset.

ELvinasjuo

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
I would highly recommend that you do a factory reset. It is the best way to get optimal battery life and a good user experience. My battery life is better after performing a reset.

So best way to use smart switch "emergency software recovery and initialization"? To make 100% factory

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
So best way to use smart switch "emergency software recovery and initialization"? To make 100% factory
I am not familiar with the PC version and method of using Smart Switch, I use the mobile version myself. Just as long as you have all of your important stuff backed up you should be good to go.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone! After installing nougat on my s7 edge exynos version i see that my battery life getting worse. Before i get 6 hrs screen on time, but after update i get around 4 hrs screen on time.

I'd boot up into Recovery Mode and wipe the system cache partition, then see how your phone works after a day or two as the new upgrade settles in. If you're still having issues, then maybe try a Factory Reset but be sure you've got your data backed up. (... and don't just assume things are backed up, confirm it. Check your email/Calendar/Contacts are synced between your phone and online account, texting archives actually have data in them, photo library is safely archived, etc.)

rg_droid

Mar 15, 2017
Visit site
Would you mind describing this process? I have not yet installed Nougat on my S7 and would like to ensure that it goes well. As I understand this, it is advisable to perform a factory reset after installing the upgrade? Are there any other steps or a certain order necessary?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rich

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I always perform a factory reset when ever a large update comes along, just part of the process for me. Since I know I'm planning on this I do a reset/wipe prior to the actual upgrade process. Now I have a fully factory fresh phone to install the update on. After installation I do another FDR before reloading my stuff one by one.
to each their own methods, these are mine. Never have any issues. Some will say this is overkill or not necessary, but it hasn't hurt anything ever and Since the one FDR is a given after the install might as well install the new update on a fresh phone, no 3rd party apps getting in the way.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I loaded up Nougat the day that Verizon made it available. I have not done a factory reset and have had no issues. Great battery life, no glitches, no stalls, no freezing. Mine has worked perfectly and I average 5 to 6 hours SOT. Absolutely no complaints here.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded three S7 Edge phones and never did a factory reset. I have the best battery life on these phones then I have had on any Android phone before. Standby on any one of these three phones goes for about 5.5 days if I leave them alone with maybe 2-3 hrs screen time. I've tested them before.

I still have a US unlocked Edge on Nougat though but that's because Nougat hasn't been released for it yet. I plan on keeping it on Nougat.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I highly recommend doing so.

It gives you a clean slate which ensures that the device will work at its best on the new software build.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's as necessary as it was like way back in the Gingerbread days, but I would also say to keep the possibility open if need be.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's as necessary as it was like way back in the Gingerbread days, but I would also say to keep the possibility open if need be.

Agreed. If you have problems after upgrading and clearing the cache, then you have the option to reset. I always upgrade and have never had to reset with the exception to my Note 5 which has always been problematic.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Agreed. If you have problems after upgrading and clearing the cache, then you have the option to reset. I always upgrade and have never had to reset with the exception to my Note 5 which has always been problematic.

Sara Kovash

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I just made a 1600+ mile trip before updating mine. I had no trouble using Google maps to navigate there, although I did have to keep it charging the entire time, I never lost battery power. I decided to follow through with the update, finally, and now...it's a ******* paperweight. I have an actual power outlet like you have in your home, inside my car. So I'm charging using my fast charger while trying to use Google maps and it steady loses battery power to the point I have to stop using the navigation if I want to have use of my phone at all. Not only that, it was so hot I probably fried something. I also have trouble getting web pages to load now. This is some bull.

ELvinasjuo

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Guys! I make factory reset for my phone! And after 3 days of usage i can say that my battery looks like fresh new! I highly recommend to do factory reset and clear the data