Turn off performance mode notification galaxy s7 edge nougat?

A

AC Question

I like to keep the notification bar clean on my phone but since the nougat update a few days ago I keep getting a notification icon about my phone being in performance mode. How can I turn off this notification without changing the performance mode? It is bugging the hell out of me.

James Mizer

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
First it was the stupid "Location Found" notification and now the even stupider "Performance Mode" notification. Why they think we need notification of this is beyond me. Worse, there isn't even an option to turn it off. Anyhow, load an app called "Notification Cleaner". It allows you to suppress those annoying system notifications you are talking about, and it works great!

Last edited:

GuccizBud

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Don't believe that works for system notifications. At least on my device I have never been able to get that to work.

^^ This. If you long-press it you will NOT have the option to suppress it as it's a system (not an app) notification. Same thing applies on the S8/S8+. There are definitely third-party solutions however, some w/o even requiring root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech