Hey everyone, I have been long time blackberry user and coming from the BlackBerry Passport, coming to the S7 edge has been an adventure lol

So I'm in Canada and on Rogers and just got my S7 edge on Mar 16th and I was reading that Rogers should be getting the Nugat update next week. From what I've seen from these boards, seems like this update might be bad.

As well, is the update OTA? With BlackBerry, you could get notified of an update and use the BlackBerry desktop to update or do it OTA.

How do I tell if I have google assistant? I see that's a big thing right now, and I see if I say hello google, it responds to me, does that mean I have it?

Sorry for all the questions, just between work and getting a new phone, I've been wanting to ask, and I heard this was the best place to come for answers
    03-18-2017 03:28 AM
    I can help answer some of your questions.

Most people come here to get help for the problems they are having and not to say how great things are going. That may lead you to believe that most people are having problems with Nougat.

I did an informal poll, according to all that had participated, they are generally happy with nougat and not having issues.

Nougat will be an OTA update and you will be notified buy a push notification on your phone.

If you go into the settings of the Google app there will be a section to set up Google Assistant. If you do not have that section then you have not been updated to Google Assistant yet and you have what is called Google Now.

I hope these answers have helped you. The S7 Edge is a great phone and and you should get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Oh, one more thing, welcome aboard!
    03-18-2017 05:13 AM
    I'm happy with nougat. Battery lasts a lot better than before.
    03-18-2017 05:34 AM
    I'm very happy with it the battery life is much better and I've had no real issues i would say go for it you won't regret it
    03-18-2017 07:46 AM
    I'm on rogers too and looking forward to the update. I don't have google assistant yet.
    Mattgrossman likes this.
    03-18-2017 08:54 AM
    Thanks for all the input guys. I've spent most of the day today just messing around with the phone. I love my blackberry feel, so I have the BlackBerry launcher and hub services+ and sideloaded the bb10 keyboard haha.

One thing I'm liking is how customizable things potentially things can be. While BlackBerry had some better control on things like contacts and LED, I'm liking what's happening with Android

One thing I did notice that is awesome, is I have a 2013 Ford Focus with basic mysync and if I want Bluetooth audio and select Spotify, the music actually displays, whereas as my passport and others would just display Bluetooth audio
    LineKill likes this.
    03-18-2017 08:46 PM
    Thanks for all the input guys. I've spent most of the day today just messing around with the phone. I love my blackberry feel, so I have the BlackBerry launcher and hub services+ and sideloaded the bb10 keyboard haha.

One thing I'm liking is how customizable things potentially things can be. While BlackBerry had some better control on things like contacts and LED, I'm liking what's happening with Android

One thing I did notice that is awesome, is I have a 2013 Ford Focus with basic mysync and if I want Bluetooth audio and select Spotify, the music actually displays, whereas as my passport and others would just display Bluetooth audio
    I have a question for you - how did you sideload the BB10 VKB? That is one thing I greatly miss from my BB. Also, welcome to the S7E. It's a really good phone. Not sure it's gonna keep me away from the KeyOne though... We'll see.
    03-18-2017 10:27 PM
    You can also check for Google Assistant by holding the home button and it will prompt you to set it up if you've been upgraded to it. At least that's the way it worked on my Edge. I had no notification at all. It was just there...
    03-18-2017 10:29 PM
    I have a question for you - how did you sideload the BB10 VKB? That is one thing I greatly miss from my BB. Also, welcome to the S7E. It's a really good phone. Not sure it's gonna keep me away from the KeyOne though... We'll see.
    Search for cobalt blackberry manager. You can install all of the blackberry Android apps through there. It's fantastic.
    03-18-2017 10:29 PM
    Search for cobalt blackberry manager. You can install all of the blackberry Android apps through there. It's fantastic.
    Thanks! I have the Hub and the other available BB apps through Hub services. BB VKB was the missing link. My Edge will now be closer to the BB.
    03-18-2017 10:31 PM
    My Edge just stepped up to another level of awesome! BlackBerry VKB loaded via Cobalt app manager and it's working flawlessly. My typing accuracy is back. This keyboard is absolutely THE best. I just can't stop typing. How am I gonna end this post. Help me stop. Haha. Awesome keyboard.
    03-18-2017 10:48 PM
    My Edge just stepped up to another level of awesome! BlackBerry VKB loaded via Cobalt app manager and it's working flawlessly. My typing accuracy is back. This keyboard is absolutely THE best. I just can't stop typing. How am I gonna end this post. Help me stop. Haha. Awesome keyboard.
    That's awesome. Yeah I love it. Definitely one of the better vkb's available. The hub suite has definitely made Android feel a little more like home ha ha.
    03-18-2017 11:04 PM