Anyone thinking of switching

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Anybody thinking of switching to the LG G6?

I'm thinking about it. Nice to have 2 different phones to switch between, bigger screen in same size of phone. Flat screen is more usable. I think its a nice phone to change it up here and here.

I don't think the S8 is going to be that big of an update and probably be $200 more.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Anyone thinking is switching

No way. Samsung pay has me hooked especially with the rewards program now. Never use plastic anymore.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

Having 2 phones just for the sake of switching from one to another regularly is a big pain in the behind. Trust me, I was there with S7 Edge and Pixel XL. never again. Life is much simpler with just one phone.

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

Having 2 phones just for the sake of switching from one to another regularly is a big pain in the behind. Trust me, I was there with S7 Edge and Pixel XL. never again. Life is much simpler with just one phone.

I've always switched between two phones. Alway had an Android phone and an iPhone. Never too of the same OS though. Now that I've grown bored of smartphones in general, I have to decide which one OS to stick with for the next 12 to 18 months. So I guess I will have to wait until the next iPhone or Pixel release to make my decision.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

The G6 certainly looks nice, but I have to think waiting a little longer and the S8 has to be better.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

Nope. The LG G6 is essentially a 2016 phone with a different Display and it's no better than the S7 Edge.

The S8 will at least bring the new Display, Iris's Scanner, new Camera Sensor with new SloMo Mode plus DRAM in the sensor, 64GB internal storage etc...

I find it hilarious that people want a G6 and then say the S8 won't bring much yet the S8 is poised to bring far more than the G6 did.

If you want a G6 go get it, but don't come here and try justify it by trying to desperately downplay how much the S8 will bring.

Last edited:

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

I'm considering it, but will more than likely switch to a more cost efficient device like the moto g or similar. I've had the edge since December and while it's a great phone it's not worth the price. I would use Samsung pay but my bank doesn't support it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Nope. The LG G6 is essentially a 2016 phone with a different Display and it's no better than the S7 Edge.

The S8 will at least bring the new Display, Iris's Scanner, new Camera Sensor with new SloMo Mode plus DRAM in the sensor, 64GB internal storage etc...

I find it hilarious that people want a G6 and then day the S8 won't bring much yet the S8 is poised to bring far more than the G6 did.
I thought they mentioned facial recognition for s8. That's a full face scan if I read it right.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I've got the itch to upgrade from my S7 edge. Not that I'm displeased with the edge, but I'm always drawn to the latest tech.

The Pixel 2 and Note 8 are the only things holding me back.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

Anybody thinking of switching to the LG G6?

I'm thinking about it. Nice to have 2 different phones to switch between, bigger screen in same size of phone. Flat screen is more usable. I think its a nice phone to change it up here and here.

I don't think the S8 is going to be that big of an update and probably be $200 more.

No.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

I've always switched between two phones. Alway had an Android phone and an iPhone. Never too of the same OS though. Now that I've grown bored of smartphones in general, I have to decide which one OS to stick with for the next 12 to 18 months. So I guess I will have to wait until the next iPhone or Pixel release to make my decision.

I've done the same thing for a while. I'm kind of waiting for the Pixel 2 also to see what it offers. It's gonna have to be pretty good to get me off the Edge though.

I also have the iPhone 7 but I'm just not impressed with it. What I've seen in leaks for the new iPhone doesn't make me feel like I'm gonna want that either. I'm really leaning toward losing my iPhone altogether and staying with android. I do have family and friends and work that use iPhone so the FaceTime and imessage is nice. Haven't decided for sure though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton