I came from BlackBerry and setting up my S7 edge, I've gone through a lot of data.

I guess maybe it is all syncing, but I don't know, but my 7gb Rogers data plan is getting a workout and I still have 3 weeks to go.

Since getting my s7, I've used 2.2gb of data, and yes I'm on WiFi downloading and updating (I only got the phone Mar 16)

I'm just used to blackberry and not using too much data.
    03-18-2017 08:52 PM
    You can check what has been 'eating' your data in your Settings, but that certainly doesn't sound like just syncing. Are you sure you've been on WiFi while downloading and setting up your phone? Also make sure that any picture cloud back ups (either to Samsung Cloud or Google Photos) isn't happening while on mobile data.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    03-18-2017 08:59 PM
    Well thank you so much, I looked at the data usage and figured out it was Dropbox and Spotify that was chewing through my data. Thank you
    03-18-2017 09:13 PM
    Yeah, for Dropbox I believe you can set it to only sync on WiFi, and Spotify offline as well. But if you do a lot of streaming on mobile and are on a metered connection, then make sure you select the lowest quality if you can live with the downgraded sound.
    03-19-2017 11:27 AM
    Just a warning about streaming Netflix and others, found I was chewing up 4-7GB per hour on 4k and binging on weekends went thru my 400G monthly quota WiFi in two weeks -
    03-19-2017 11:46 AM
    I hate that residential ISPs are capping us, too Fortunately my plan includes a 'no cap' clause but it's certainly the trend to have them limit those as well.
    03-19-2017 02:51 PM
    I came from BlackBerry and setting up my S7 edge, I've gone through a lot of data.

I guess maybe it is all syncing, but I don't know, but my 7gb Rogers data plan is getting a workout and I still have 3 weeks to go.

Since getting my s7, I've used 2.2gb of data, and yes I'm on WiFi downloading and updating (I only got the phone Mar 16)

I'm just used to blackberry and not using too much data.
    Glad to see it's just as painful in the West here in South Africa data prices are expensive on top of expensive Smartphones. I have a 10GB data plan and I can sometimes get through it in 2weeks, as I have this month so I buy another 5GB.

Content on YouTube, Netflix etc... Is anywhere between HD1080P@60FPS to 4K@30FPS. I often have moments where I am like this when watching a long video on YouTube: "Wow, my S7 Edge Display is amazing, look at how clear and incredibly smoo.....OH CRAP it's playing in HD!" And then I have to go to settings to bring it down to save data.

We are at a point where our Smartphones can bring us incredible crystal clear and sharp content without braking a single sweat, and now it's a matter of the Networks having to wake up to this and giving us better data plans with better pricing.

My S7 Edge can truly burn through a lot of data but that's partly because the I am on it a whole lot more and the Battery Life is much longer than previous Smartphones so I can do a lot more during the day on it without worrying about whether or not it will make through the day.
    03-19-2017 04:09 PM