OK Google is now working with screen off

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if this is working on others S7 edges as well. Happened to say Ok Google in conversation today and my phone activated in my pocket. I know it wasn't working last week. The options in Google under voice has changed and does say activate with screen off now and says nothing about needing to charge. Tested it a bit seems to be working great. Guess i should mention I am on the beta Google app and beta Google Play Services.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
It still does not work for me yet. I am not running the beta app or services. It is great to know that it could possibly be coming to our phones. Could you post a screenshot that shows the new option in regards to activating with screen off. Thank you!

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
That is exactly how my settings are. I don't recall it ever saying that it needed to be charging, but I am old and my memory isn't what it used to be:) Maybe they have made some changes under the hood in the beta, I guess we'll see. Thanks for posting the screenshot.

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Mine popped up today asking me if I wanted to enable trusted device so that I can use "Ok Google" with the screen off and now it works as well

jlo3378

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if this is working on others S7 edges as well. Happened to say Ok Google in conversation today and my phone activated in my pocket. I know it wasn't working last week.

I had it with the beta and after an update to the Google app, it's gone for me. Is yours still working with the screen off?

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: Didn't know if had it - But tried today Press Home button and say
"oK google" the screen opened with this text: Listening..I said

open my Gmail and took-Me to the page, but I've to click
the [Log In] So didn't work totally for Me: Bye guys

Forgot : Doesn't work with the screen off..?

Last edited:

Senrii

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
Mine popped up today asking me if I wanted to enable trusted device so that I can use "Ok Google" with the screen off and now it works as well

Is this still working? I can't seem to trigger it. I have the same options as the screenshots. I have the latest Nougat and am on the Exynos version.

Also I think there should be another option that specifically mentions listening while screen is off, it's not Trusted Voice.

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar