Annoying "Google TTS Voice Data" screen keeps popping up

dwade62

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
About a week ago I started to get the above popup. It displays all the languages available. If I select English (United States) there is no download icon so I know my phone already has it. Any other language shows the download icon. I exit out of it and within a few minutes the same popup appears. it does this periodically throughout my day.

Any idea why this is popping up and how do I stop it? My phone is an ATT GS 7 Edge on Nougat.

Thanks
Don

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google TTS Voice Data

Is it possible that you're calling on it to "speak" some non-English text?

dwade62

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google TTS Voice Data

I've noticed when I open a texting app I sometimes get the pop up, but Ive had the app for a long time. I think I get the pop up when I try to use my phone at times too. It's not consistent when it does it, but it's extremely annoying.

Trying to use another language? I guess I can check the popup next time it shows itself and see if any other languages are downloaded.

I've searched online but haven't found any related posts. I don't know how to get it to stop.

chucktr

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes I am having the same problem and do not know how to fix it. Had hoped there might be an answer here.

I had really noticed it when/after I had installed a "Call Announcer". Thinking, I do that once in a while, that I need to remove the Call Announcer and see if the problem persists. Will get back on this...

-Chuck

Last edited:

chucktr

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, guess what?? I removed the call announcer and the problem went away. I haven't had that annoying problem all day since I removed the call announcer. I will monitor it for a couple of days without and with the call announcer. One of the requirements of almost all of these announcers is that Google TTS be installed.

Oh one more thing... I didn't have this problem with Marshmallow.

Well, another thing. It is NOT a problem with all Call Announcers. I have installed
"Call Announcer Pro" and it does NOT cause the problem.

Last edited: