I have a Galaxy s7 edge (international version) and my carrier is Metropcs. Metro carries the Galaxy S7, but not the s7 edge. For the past 2 weeks I have been trying to update my phone's software but to no avail. The phone gives me an error that says ''Failed to update firmware''. I also tried to update using Smart Switch, but it also fails, and it gives me an error that says ''Failed to recognize update mode''. I contacted Samsung, but they don't really care much and keep telling me to take it to my phone carrier. Could somebody help me with this please?
    Thank you
    03-21-2017 09:47 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You could try looking up the correct firmware for that exact model on SamMobile.com, and then using Odin to flash it: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...interface.html
    03-22-2017 02:05 AM
    Hi, thank you for your answer. Sorry, I am not good with technology. What does ''flash it'' means?
    03-22-2017 08:56 PM
    Also, I went to sammobile.com to look for the firmware, but there is not one for the United States. My phone model number is: Galaxy S7 edge SM-G935F . Could you advise?
    03-22-2017 08:59 PM
    Flashing the ROM means directly installing the phone's firmware (i.e., the system software), as opposed to having the system updater do it.

Your phone is the international version, so there won't be a specific US firmware version. Check your phone's CSC code, and then look for the firmware that matches it:

TechStuffs MySpace: How to check your Samsung Galaxy CSC Version?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS7/co...csc_of_galaxy/
    03-23-2017 10:29 AM
    Hi again. Before I ask for your help again I want to thank you for keep answering me.
    Here is what I could gather from my phone:
    Model: SM-G935F

I went to to look for the firmware in SamMobile.com but to no avail. There is not a CSC that matches my phone's one. I'm starting to regret buying an international version phone. What can I do then?
    03-24-2017 09:42 PM
    Ok, nvm my previous post. I looked around and found a firmware for my phone version. it is 2.0 Gb and currently downloading. Im gonna look for the odin program and then try to do this and I will let you know. Thank you again.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-24-2017 09:58 PM