Nova launcher Prime vs nougat touchwiz

ELvinasjuo

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Guys what do you prefer Nova launcher or touchwiz? I like new touchwiz but i read forums and folks says Nova have better battery life? I use s7 edge

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the same phone and use both. Just changed over for now to the Nova Launcher. I like larger customizable icons

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Your launcher won't affect battery life.

This...

Oh, there are a few launchers out there that are so overbloated with features and 'features' that are basically hooks to try to get you to download more junk (like GO), launchers don't affect power usage much, if at all.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Nova Launcher Prime on my Samsung phones & tablets since the S4. I don't know how Touchwiz is today, but several years ago I found it terrible. I am sure it is better today, but I am very comfortable with Nova and it is the first thing I install on a new phone and customize it to my liking.

jhousden9

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I used to use custom launchers all the time but I went back to TouchWiz to see how it's improved and I like it. Especially on Android 7.0 Nougat. Far better than it used to be in my first Galaxy (S3).

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I used to use custom launchers all the time but I went back to TouchWiz to see how it's improved and I like it. Especially on Android 7.0 Nougat. Far better than it used to be in my first Galaxy (S3).

That's basically where I am at this point. I still have Nova Prime installed so I can switch to it if I want but I've used Touchwiz exclusively since I got Nougat.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
That depends.

The stock launcher is perfectly fine if you just want a familiar look and feel and you don't want to mess around too much.

Nova in its stock form is also fine but you'll be missing out on its true potential.

One does not simply install Nova and leave it stock.