How to delete partial downloaded Software Update S7 Edge

A

AC Question

Hello,
How do I delete a software update on my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge phone? When I got the phonea few days ago, the T-mobile retail clerk automatically started the software update and I caught them doing it and told them I did not want to update and hit pause. Now the “software update” always shows Download Paused when I go to the software download update setting. The progress bar shows 0% and 131.11MB of 1563.03MB downloaded and only gives me the option to press the download button to continue. It is labeled in the notifications at “T-Mobile update service download paused”

I do not want to download and I am not even sure what I am downloading that is 1.6GB in size. In addition, being stuck in this paused download status seems to not allow me to download specific updates that I may need.

Can anyone help me figure out how to stop the download and delete the 131MB?

Thank you in advance!

bullswife98

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
You can not delete the update. I'm guessing it's the Nougat 7.0 update. The only way is to allow the update to continue. U.S. versions have locked bootloaders so with out rooting the device it will remain on your phone. If you don't mind me asking why don't you want the update? It will eventually be pushed through anyway...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs