04-04-2017 10:22 AM
35 12
tools
    My Samsung galaxy s7 edge updated 3 days ago to android nougat 7.0. On the always on display, (Far 1) appears. Nobody from Samsung is able to find out about the problem, which is weird. I have searched a lot on internet and can't find any solution to remove it.
    Please assist.
    03-23-2017 04:09 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I edited your thread title, since it was a confusing jumble of letters.

Can you show us a screenshot? http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html. You'll have to register on this forum first.
    03-24-2017 02:41 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I edited your thread title, since it was a confusing jumble of letters.

Can you show us a screenshot? http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html. You'll have to register on this forum first.
    I attach a screenshot of what our feiend asked. Got tge very same question and im very curious whats this FAR thing ...
    Attached Thumbnails On the Always On Display, what is (Far 1)?-screenshot_20170329-232547.jpg  
    03-29-2017 03:30 PM
    What is the 'Cancel' 'Apply' for? Don't see that on mine. Is the screen waiting for some input and causing the Far 9? Also, as it's appended to the date, have you checked the location/time zone settings? I also don't have Colour and Background on my AOD screen, which again leads me to think the phone is waiting for something. Have you tried another type of clock?
    03-29-2017 03:39 PM
    I remember seeing this question a while back. I am still waiting to find out the answer as I am just curious:-)
    03-29-2017 04:11 PM
    I attach a screenshot of what our feiend asked. Got tge very same question and im very curious whats this FAR thing ...
    Does it still show up when you apply that display, and actually turn the screen off? Or only in the setup screen shown? Does it always say "Far 9", or does it ever change from one day to the next? Does it display if you choose one of the other display options?

Those who see this, is your phone set to use U.S. English as a language, or something different?

Just trying to come up with some ideas. This doesn't show up on my U.S. spec phone.
    03-29-2017 04:17 PM
    Does it still show up when you apply that display, and actually turn the screen off? Or only in the setup screen shown? Does it always say "Far 9", or does it ever change from one day to the next? Does it display if you choose one of the other display options?

Those who see this, is your phone set to use U.S. English as a language, or something different?

Just trying to come up with some ideas. This doesn't show up on my U.S. spec phone.
    Valid questions my friend
    1) yes of course this is I see all
    2) today it says Far 10 so it counts the days
    3) yes it applies to all other display option (and it pissed me off THAT much)
    4) the languages I use are a) English (UK) and b) Greek.

Please take into consideration that this appeared after the update to NOUGAT approx 10 days ago. That didn't show up on the previous installed version of Android.
    03-30-2017 12:27 AM
    Strange. Does it go away if you set the language to U.S. English? (I realize that's not a solution, just a test.)
    03-30-2017 09:21 PM
    Strange. Does it go away if you set the language to U.S. English? (I realize that's not a solution, just a test.)
    I was wondering the same thing if it has to do more with a language setting than a clock or screen setting.

I did a quick search and couldn't come up with a language that would abbreviate March as Far but could it be showing it in two languages?
    03-30-2017 10:22 PM
    Hi everybody and thanks for the assistance on this.
    I changed the language to English (US), iso English (UK), and Far is still there :/
    Did not take out the Greek language cause it's irrelevant to this Far, (makes no sense in Greek I mean).
    What I wonder is IF tomorrow that we change month (April) if this Far will be something else (by the way today that it's the 31st Mar the Far has got the 11th). I wonder if it's another count of calendar ...
    03-31-2017 02:19 AM
    Hi everybody and thanks for the assistance on this.
    I changed the language to English (US), iso English (UK), and Far is still there :/
    Did not take out the Greek language cause it's irrelevant to this Far, (makes no sense in Greek I mean).
    What I wonder is IF tomorrow that we change month (April) if this Far will be something else (by the way today that it's the 31st Mar the Far has got the 11th). I wonder if it's another count of calendar ...
    I have been wanting to know what all this means for a while now. If you figure it out or get anymore information please let us know;-) Thanx!
    03-31-2017 02:53 AM
    Quick question, are you using a theme?
    03-31-2017 05:49 AM
    Far=Farvardin
    First month of Hijri shamsi year in calendar
    03-31-2017 07:06 AM
    Far=Farvardin
    Welcome to Android Central, and BRILLIANT!
    @Wolf359sm, open Calendar, tap Menu>Settings>General, and look for an Alternate Calendar setting. You will most likely see the Hijri calendar selected -- unselect it.
    03-31-2017 09:53 AM
    Far=Farvardin
    March 21 is the 1st day, therefore, since it is now showing Far 11 that makes perfect sense.

Thanx Farzin! I have been scratching my head over this one for a while.
    B. Diddy and Farzin Naderi like this.
    03-31-2017 10:09 AM
    I've got nothing of value to add here, other than that was a spot-on assessment of the "issue".
    Well done, Farzin
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-31-2017 02:30 PM
    Hi Farzin and B. Diddy.
    You shed a lot of light. Though I can't change it from the calendar settings menu (take a look at the screenshot), it must be from somewhere else that I will continue searching. And your input makes me a bit suspicious and I hope that it's not because of the "Black Onyx" S7 version that I'm holding (that wasn't the case on the previous android version).

I'm grateful for your assistance. Thank you. I will let you know if I manage to change this and from where.
    Attached Thumbnails On the Always On Display, what is (Far 1)?-screenshot_20170331-223215.jpg  
    03-31-2017 02:41 PM
    Are there any other menus in the Calendar app, or is that all you see? Also, do you have any other calendar apps installed (like the Google Calendar app)?
    03-31-2017 03:40 PM
    Wolf359sm, I can't seem to find it either and my calendar is setup exactly like your screenshot......

Looking forward for one of us to find the right place....
    03-31-2017 05:35 PM

Hi. Today is 1st April and it has become Far 12, that is, 12 days after my phone updated to Android 7.0 Nougat. Samsung Gulf managed to inform me that the phone is from Iran through the IMEI On the Always On Display, what is (Far 1)?-20170401_084932_resized.jpg
    03-31-2017 11:53 PM
    Hi, I have tried to change my calendar settings but nothing changed on the AOD. The Far 12 is still here!
    04-01-2017 12:04 AM
    Are there any other menus in the Calendar app, or is that all you see? Also, do you have any other calendar apps installed (like the Google Calendar app)?
    No Diddy, it's only those that you see. And I'm using no other calendar
    04-01-2017 01:54 AM
    Hi, I have tried to change my calendar settings but nothing changed on the AOD. The Far 12 is still here!
    Well at the beginning I thought that it was ONLY displayed only on the AOD feature . Eventually if you check closer Manisha you will realize that it's even on front screen before you unlock the phone my dear.
    04-01-2017 02:09 AM
    Manisha are you also a "black onyx" S7 owner ?
    04-01-2017 02:10 AM
    I may be a little late coming into this thread but have you tried going into the calendar app. Tap on the 3 dots and select manage calenders to see what is checked?
    04-01-2017 11:03 AM
35 12