Absolutely regret buying this phone

Ipse_Tase

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Nova launcher, Greenify with aggressive doze, Package Disabler pro and your experience will change night and day. Long battery life, customizable experience, excellent camera and battery life...First time when I doubt I'll change the phone after my usual 2 years. Certainly S8 and S8 plus are not enough change for me to justify the upgrade.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
No problems at all here. In fact, I've been pleased with my 7 Edge. That's saying something since I came from the Note 7 and was prepared to dislike the phone. The only thing that I am not a huge fan of is Nougat. Not the way that it works, just the overall look of it. For some reason, I just have been underwhelmed by the look of Nougat. But, that's really not a "problem."

Btravelen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
My experience is similar, though tolerable. I researched the replacement for my Droid Turbo (original) and the Edge had most every category covered. Big battery, wireless charging, quick charge (though 2.0, which is good enough), OS upgrade potential, expandable storage, and micro usb, which I'm OK with as I'm not ready to replace my stash ;)....

The 'imperfect' experience with the Edge includes Samsungs attempts to fix what's not broken with Android. S-voice is a joke. The function is nowhere near what Google has accomplished with the voice recognition. I can't imagine that 'Bixby' is going to be any better than 'Assistant'. The Edge has been quirky, losing settings, running slowly, etc... I know, clearing the cache or factory resetting may help..

The Turbo was generally rock solid and the 'Moto Actions' was near perfect, allowing the phone to be awakened hands-free by voice and commands followed accurately. I miss the near stock Android software that Motorola chose to use. I'm not impressed with Lenovo's vision for Motorola and ruled them out..

I haven't found how to set up the edge to allow this function, unless it's on charge which is odd. 'OK Google' works from the lock screen while on charge but doesn't otherwise. Maybe it was locked out by Samsung to encourage their substandard S-Voice.

I'm living with it and hopeful that I'll better learn it's ways.. I'm a little leery about it's durability, being all glass with a protruding screen that is impossible to protect. However, it is a great looking phone.. Take Care

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
My experience is similar, though tolerable. I researched the replacement for my Droid Turbo (original) and the Edge had most every category covered. Big battery, wireless charging, quick charge (though 2.0, which is good enough), OS upgrade potential, expandable storage, and micro usb, which I'm OK with as I'm not ready to replace my stash ;)....

The 'imperfect' experience with the Edge includes Samsungs attempts to fix what's not broken with Android. S-voice is a joke. The function is nowhere near what Google has accomplished with the voice recognition. I can't imagine that 'Bixby' is going to be any better than 'Assistant'. The Edge has been quirky, losing settings, running slowly, etc... I know, clearing the cache or factory resetting may help..

The Turbo was generally rock solid and the 'Moto Actions' was near perfect, allowing the phone to be awakened hands-free by voice and commands followed accurately. I miss the near stock Android software that Motorola chose to use. I'm not impressed with Lenovo's vision for Motorola and ruled them out..

I haven't found how to set up the edge to allow this function, unless it's on charge which is odd. 'OK Google' works from the lock screen while on charge but doesn't otherwise. Maybe it was locked out by Samsung to encourage their substandard S-Voice.

I'm living with it and hopeful that I'll better learn it's ways.. I'm a little leery about it's durability, being all glass with a protruding screen that is impossible to protect. However, it is a great looking phone.. Take Care
I agree with all of this. I too came from a Turbo. If I had to do it all over again I would have bought a regular pixel and called it a day. It's a nice phone with good features but I miss the stock Android performance. The deals on this phone though were great when I got it around the holidays. $300 in BB gift cards and the VR package was a no brainer. The $300 in gift cards was great for Christmas for the kid's

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
S7E is a great phone, I exchanged it for a Mate 9 and couldn't be happier, s7e ip68 and better low light camera are missed, but the mate 9 is MUCH MUCH faster than S7 at anything, specially heavy cpu games because it doesn't have DVFS, which limits your performance when gaming, throttle on purpose to save battery life.

S7E is a slow device when compared to Pixel, Mate and OneP3 but it's a great phone nonetheless, loaded with many features.

3m1100

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Wow, i really appreciate all of your comments! But seeing that allot of you are satisfied with S7 Edge, Perhaps Its just me, having way to high expectations. As I said, switched phones with a buddy of mine, and he said that there was nothing wrong with it, and I felt his to was slow.

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Wow, i really appreciate all of your comments! But seeing that allot of you are satisfied with S7 Edge, Perhaps Its just me, having way to high expectations. As I said, switched phones with a buddy of mine, and he said that there was nothing wrong with it, and I felt his to was slow.

I am done with Samsung. I've almost replaced all of my Samsung TV's. The S7 Edge will be my last Samsung phone. There appliances can also go to h--l as well. Samsung today is not the same Samung of say 5-6 years ago.

jhousden9

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I am done with Samsung. I've almost replaced all of my Samsung TV's. The S7 Edge will be my last Samsung phone. There appliances can also go to h--l as well. Samsung today is not the same Samung of say 5-6 years ago.
No, they're not. They're much better. Apart from the obvious Note 7 incident, I feel the build quality of the devices and the software (including a dulled down and less clunky TouchWiz) is far superior than 5-6 years ago.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why I'm writing here, but I need to let out some steem! Before I buy a phone, I always do a allot of research. Before buying the s7 edge, it wasn't any different. I read tons of reviews and went to the store multiple times and tried the phone. Reviews were very good and phone seemed allright considering I wasn't always happy about TouchWiz . I've had the phone for 4 months now, and it's been 4 long months. The speed, or should I say lack of speed, of s7 edge is ridiculously slow. I'm baffled by it. 4 GB of RAM, and this is the best Samsung can do? Battery life is also awfull considering 3600 mAh . Touch is pretty awful to, phone doesn't react some times. I totally regret getting this phone, and I'll buy a new one, probably try Huawei for the first time. Mate9 pro looks pretty decent. Sorry for the long post, needed to get this frustration out!

Putting it matter of factly, YOU GOT A LEMON. I would take it to you place of purchase and demand they swap it out. I've had mine since day 1,and have had ZERO issues. It's very fast, I get all day battery on moderate to heavy use and no problems with the touchscreen. I will say, however, that I recently purchased a ZTE axon 7 for media listening since it has hifi dacs and dolby atmos. But what surprised the hell out of me is what a super premium phone it is in every respect. Build quality, amoled screen, etc. And it is faster than the S7 edge. Next time you buy a phone, start looking at the lower priced models that match the exorbitant ones Mano a mano. You've got some great choices from oneplus, hawei, moto, and like I mentioned the ZTE axon 7.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why I'm writing here, but I need to let out some steem! Before I buy a phone, I always do a allot of research. Before buying the s7 edge, it wasn't any different. I read tons of reviews and went to the store multiple times and tried the phone. Reviews were very good and phone seemed allright considering I wasn't always happy about TouchWiz . I've had the phone for 4 months now, and it's been 4 long months. The speed, or should I say lack of speed, of s7 edge is ridiculously slow. I'm baffled by it. 4 GB of RAM, and this is the best Samsung can do? Battery life is also awfull considering 3600 mAh . Touch is pretty awful to, phone doesn't react some times. I totally regret getting this phone, and I'll buy a new one, probably try Huawei for the first time. Mate9 pro looks pretty decent. Sorry for the long post, needed to get this frustration out!

Give me a good price and i'll buy it from you.:p

scrondar

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
There are solutions to cure battery life and speed... if you are willing to provide details on your apps, usage, permissions. AC members certainly can lend a hand.... no need to rant.

Rants don't solve anything... root cause and corrective action does.

Amen to this. If there are things about the device you don't like or seem not to work as expected or desired, ask questions of experienced users. Clearly, the majority of users here are enjoying this phone, and you either have a lemon or some other factors are at play. Complaining gets you nowhere; action gets problems solved.

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps the issue is how you are using your phone. I'm not implying that you are doing anything wrong here. It is just possible that you are running some resource-intense tasks that don't apply to most of us. So it explains why you find it slow, while others do not.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I, too, can't wait for the S8+. I got the S7E after returning my Note 7. There are two problems that I haven't been able to solve and make this phone very annoying.

1. If I turn on "accurate GPS" while hotspot is on it immediately turns off the hotspot. Apparently it can't be accurate with just GPS, it needs wifi to be on for location accuracy. When hotspot is turned on my map accuracy goes down the drain. It thinks I'm hundreds of yards from where I really am. This NEVER happened on the Note 2, 3, 4, 5 or 7.

2. If I use navigation and play music at the same time the phone gets hot. Very hot. Over 117 degrees hot. It's so hot that the phone puts up a message that it stopped charging because it was too hot. If I turn off navigation everything goes back to normal. I went on a driving trip of about 400 miles last week and by the time I got to my destination the battery was at 12% because it wouldn't charge most of the time.

If I could've throw the S7Edge out the window I would have.

Oh, one more thing: Pressing on the home button only works about 1/3 of the time. I press and press and press to return to the home screen. Drives me crazy.

3m1100

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I, too, can't wait for the S8+. I got the S7E after returning my Note 7. There are two problems that I haven't been able to solve and make this phone very annoying.

1. If I turn on "accurate GPS" while hotspot is on it immediately turns off the hotspot. Apparently it can't be accurate with just GPS, it needs wifi to be on for location accuracy. When hotspot is turned on my map accuracy goes down the drain. It thinks I'm hundreds of yards from where I really am. This NEVER happened on the Note 2, 3, 4, 5 or 7.

2. If I use navigation and play music at the same time the phone gets hot. Very hot. Over 117 degrees hot. It's so hot that the phone puts up a message that it stopped charging because it was too hot. If I turn off navigation everything goes back to normal. I went on a driving trip of about 400 miles last week and by the time I got to my destination the battery was at 12% because it wouldn't charge most of the time.

If I could've throw the S7Edge out the window I would have.

Oh, one more thing: Pressing on the home button only works about 1/3 of the time. I press and press and press to return to the home screen. Drives me crazy.

Yeah exactly, what's up with that? That's one of the things that makes me believe that the phone is slow. Also switching tabs on chrome, Jesus Christ, it feels like an eternity.

I would be more that happy for you guys to help me figure out, if I'm retarded or if I have a "lemon"

What do you need?

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine for a solid year, and Coming from the Note 4, this is easily my favorite phone. This is my 3rd Samsung phone, and they have gotten better each time. Yes, touchwiz can be a pain in the butt, but it's MUCH less a pai than when I had the S4. But in my everyday, all day usage, it's a phone I do not regret buying at all.

sungscow

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine for a solid year, and Coming from the Note 4, this is easily my favorite phone. This is my 3rd Samsung phone, and they have gotten better each time. Yes, touchwiz can be a pain in the butt, but it's MUCH less a pai than when I had the S4. But in my everyday, all day usage, it's a phone I do not regret buying at all.

how is the battery life after a year of use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret