Absolutely regret buying this phone

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
None of those issues here at all try factory reset. Kill some useless apps and you should be good. My battery last at least 12 hours with heavy use including photos emails web browsing all day!

3m1100

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
So small update:
I just updated to Android 7. Already i feel the phone works alot better. Its sure as hell is alot snappier. Touch works much better. I havent even made a factory reset. Also, before i installed android 7, i had 8,3 gb available. Now i have 9,3 gb available. Did android 6 really use 1 gb storage more?
With that being said, even thoguh the phone finally works as it should, i'll still buy a new phone at the start of next month. PS:
God damn, android 7 is ugly as a mofo

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
A theme may help the look. Hit the GALAXY APPS app on your device. Many of the themes are free.

Another option is to try a custom launcher. You can customize icons, backgrounds, menus, homescreen folders, gestures, etc. With just a few exceptions, you can customize almost everything and make your device look and feel exactly how you want. I switch between Action Launcher 3 and Nova Launcher, and using that along with a theme, the only thing that I can't touch is the white background of the notifications shade.

If you can make the phone that you say "finally works as it should" look like you want, you could save a ton of cash next month.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I like many Samsung exclusive features but they do use up resources. If speed is near the top of your priority list I would never recommend Samsung. I suspect Pixel would be your best choice. You lose a bunch of Samsung features but most people don't use them.

I don't own a Pixel mind you. Speed is not high on my priority list.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm still happy with mine and as such will stay with the Samsung brand to upgrade to the s8 or Note 8.

No regrets here here, either. I have/have had multiple Samsung phones, tablets, and TVs and have been quite happy with all. I'll skip the S8 but will most likely stick with Samsung in the future.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I think until I see a real development of TouchWiz, I'll never have another Samsung again.

I'm just the opposite. Pure Android is like buying a car with a stick shift, manual windows, manual door locks and no remote unlock clicker. I listen to All About Android podcast and they all sing the praises of stock Android but, ironically, often promote apps that duplicate the features built into TouchWiz. I don't get it.

jhousden9

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Pure Android is like buying a car with a stick shift

Nothing wrong with a manual gearbox. I prefer it. Much better performance than an automatic but that's for another forum haha. Guess this just shows that different people prefer different things and hold them with a higher regard than others.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm just the opposite. Pure Android is like buying a car with a stick shift, manual windows, manual door locks and no remote unlock clicker. I listen to All About Android podcast and they all sing the praises of stock Android but, ironically, often promote apps that duplicate the features built into TouchWiz. I don't get it.

Well, that is exactly the point. If you want those features you can install an app to do that, but if you don't want those features you don't have to deal with them being pre-installed on your phone (and being un-removable) and taking up space and resources.

3m1100

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Small update for you guys! I bought a Huawei mate 9 pro a week ago. I absolutely mind blown. The sheer speed, battery life, and it has 128 GB storage. Software took a couple of days to get used to, men still way better than TouchWiz. Only thing that the s7 edge does better is the screen. and that's only during daylight that I think Samsung has the upper hand

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Small update for you guys! I bought a Huawei mate 9 pro a week ago. I absolutely mind blown. The sheer speed, battery life, and it has 128 GB storage. Software took a couple of days to get used to, men still way better than TouchWiz. Only thing that the s7 edge does better is the screen. and that's only during daylight that I think Samsung has the upper hand

Is your S7 Edge up for sale?

Btravelen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I finally reached my saturation point. I bought a Moto Z Play Droid. A bit of a downgrade in specs but a HUGE upgrade in battery life and usability. With roughly the same size battery, The Z kicks the Edges butt in run time. Likely the processor has a lot to do with it, but I haven't had any issues with lag or speed issues. The Moto software is wonderful and I really like the display that doesn't need to stay on all the time to get notifications. The ability to have it read received texts out loud and to respond by voice works well. I missed these features that my Droid Turbo had.

Samsung makes beautiful, but fragile, hardware. I wish they didn't try to fix what's not broken with Android. The Edge running the Moto software would appeal to me. The Moto modularity is not important to me, but the phone functions really well. I guess everyone would use the same phone if any one was perfect. Take Care

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC