It almost seems like they are here to either 1) arbitrarily up their post count or 2) undermine Samsung's credibility.

Also, because the questions are so flat out dumb, and no screen shots are ever given, it makes me think they don't have a S7 edge at all.

Posting it here because I see it here a lot. What is the deal? We root out spammers and trolls, why not root out these fools too?
    03-23-2017 10:53 PM
    I see this post as your option 1.

This is suppose to be a come to place for info and if I remember right you have to get so many posts before you can post pictures, not sure though...

So question, do you have to have a certain amount of posts before allowed to post pictures?
    03-23-2017 11:09 PM
    I see this post as your option 1.

This is suppose to be a come to place for info and if I remember right you have to get so many posts before you can post pictures, not sure though...

So question, do you have to have a certain amount of posts before allowed to post pictures?
    I believe it's 10 posts. At least it used to be. Heck, there are 20 dumb questions posted a day, so I don't think that is the reason. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt as well. But in this case - there is some tomfoolery going on that needs to stop. Because it is clouding the waters of an otherwise great forum.
    03-23-2017 11:22 PM
    I moaned about this sort of thing recently. There's an account on here that asks very basic things that a quick Google search will show loads of results to sort their issue, yet mods have done nothing to stop or even advise the account holder.
    03-23-2017 11:45 PM
    Some people are just that stupid. Many are lazy, and most are impatient.

I've seen people post the same stupid question on eight different sites; I've seen them insist on getting an answer different from what they received the first time because it either did not conform to their personal world-view, was inconvenient, or required too much effort on their part.

Moderators and admins have quite a few tools at their disposal to help weed out the trolls and spammers: IP address tracking, email addresses, even writing styles can identify a bad operator, and considering they (the Mods) are working for nothing more than the pleasure of making their internet community a nice place to hang out in, I have no beef with a handful of one-post wonders asking seemingly idiotic questions.

If you are able to answer queries in a reasonable manner, then you are already in the top 80th percentile of the intelligence curve in the forums (yes, that stat is totally made up), so congratulations on being one of the smart people! 🏅
    mountainman likes this.
    03-23-2017 11:49 PM
    I don't really like to talk bad about people, but I have to comment on this one.

Some of the questions are quite ridiculous, however, I don't think there is any actual tomfoolery going on. I like that word:-) From my experience there are people that are actually that dumb. Maybe a better word, ignorant, in the operations of a smartphone.

Therefore, these people need to go somewhere to get educated and this is a good place to do so.
    Golfdriver97 and B. Diddy like this.
    03-23-2017 11:55 PM
    The only stupid question is the one that is never asked.
    Not everyone knows what or how there phone works so forum's like this should be a place were yes what may seem like a stupid or dumb question can be asked without fear of being to made to look stupid.
    shaleem, B. Diddy, Almeuit and 4 others like this.
    03-24-2017 05:53 AM
    I'd agree with Soundman72. We're inviting people will all kinds of different levels of experience, background knowledge, mastery of the language we use, etc. Some of the people have never used a forum before, some are masters at it. The level of sophistication of the person asking isn't our problem; how kind, professional and helpful we are in our response is our responsibility.
    03-24-2017 09:31 AM
    I just look at it as an opportunity to educate.
    tube517, LineKill, Almeuit and 1 others like this.
    03-24-2017 09:49 AM
    I am inclined to agree.

how kind, professional and helpful we are in our response is our responsibility.
    This needs to be put in bold, italic, and 500,000 font size. This is, in my opinion, what sets us apart from other Android forums. There are enough sites that treat new people poorly. The thing the members on those other sites seem to forget is this: Everyone was a beginner at some point. Bobby Fischer didn't know how to play chess, Joe Montana couldn't throw a football, in October of 2011, I had no knowledge of Android. let alone rooting and flashing ROMs.

Another facet of this issue is this: While the question seems very basic, sometimes it may help another who searches on Google and finds the question.
    03-24-2017 09:54 AM
    After so many years in many android forums, it comes w/the territory, unfortunately.

I'll post a reply but never see these posters again. Not even a 2nd post.

I think some of them post in 10 different forums impatiently hoping someone answers right away. Once they get their answer they are gone.

Others may have just given up and got another phone.

Hard to say but I see it in every forum I visit.
    dm3ready likes this.
    03-24-2017 09:56 AM
    Not everyone knows what or how there phone works so forum's like this should be a place were yes what may seem like a stupid or dumb question can be asked without fear of being to made to look stupid.
    Soundman hit the nail on the head .

Why should we shun people for asking what some may see as a "Stupid Question" -- How does one qualify which questions are stupid and which ones aren't? We all have different knowledge so it would be very hard to judge. Also why would you shun someone for simply trying to learn more on something? My Mom asks me questions about her iPhone that I could say are all stupid questions .. But I don't because she doesn't have anywhere near the tech experience I do and she is simply trying to understand so she can do it on her own.

That in a nutshell is why we don't get rid of "stupid questions" (or ones you deem to be stupid) -- because there aren't any stupid questions. I have no problem at all when someone is trying to learn to better understand their device and be able to do things on their own.

I believe it's 10 posts. At least it used to be. Heck, there are 20 dumb questions posted a day, so I don't think that is the reason. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt as well. But in this case - there is some tomfoolery going on that needs to stop. Because it is clouding the waters of an otherwise great forum.
    If you believe there is malicious intent and/or trolling with posts simply click the "!" button on the post (on desktop) or the report button from the menu of the Tapatalk / forum app. You can explain your concerns to the mod team and we will look into it. That is why this button exists on every single post .

If you have any other questions -- shoot me a PM. That is a better way to discuss concerns rather than out here in public. We don't want people to come across this and think they can't post because they may fear they have a "stupid question" when that wouldn't be the case -- we try and be as helpful as we can at AC.

Thanks.
    03-24-2017 10:05 AM