Notifications and AOD/Lock screen

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Since I received Nougat last week I have noticed that the only notification that wakes up my phone from AOD are texts with the native SMS client. I know for a fact that emails received in the Samsung email and Gmail both woke up the screen before the update.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Since I received Nougat last week I have noticed that the only notification that wakes up my phone from AOD are texts with the native SMS client. I know for a fact that emails received in the Samsung email and Gmail both woke up the screen before the update.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Have you looked in your Settings/Display settings to see if you can tweak it to your liking?

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I personally don't like my screen turning on for notifications​. Like just being able to double tap the icon on the AOD if I want to see it.

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't like my screen turning on for notifications​. Like just being able to double tap the icon on the AOD if I want to see it.

Truth be told, I also would like that. I haven't found a way to turn off the texting waking up the screen without turning off lock screen notifications completely for texts. It quite annoys me that I can't have text notifications act like the rest of them.