Verizon S7 Edge Nougat Power Saving Mode--seeing a signficant increase in battery life

omelet1978

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I spent some time working on the battery life of my S7 Edge and the result is a pretty massive increase in battery life from a few months ago when I had the phone (I tried the Iphone 7 Plus for a while)

The result has been a massive increase in battery life that is close to the iPhone 7 Plus. I would say that prior to Nougat the S7 Edge had about 60% the battery life of the plus iPhone model and with Nougat it's about 85%. I disabled a lot of apps and set the screen resolution to HD (I really can't tell any difference with the lower setting) and after that the battery life improved dramatically and seems to be getting better over time.

Just wondering if other people were seeing this. I read a lot of threads on here about bugs with Nougat but I've not seen any problems and seems like a great update.

jhousden9

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I only discovered the other day that my phone was set to the HD resolution since wiping my phone a few months back. Didn't notice either so kept it that way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae