No more edge lighting in Nougat?

Tachead7075

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
I recently updated to Nougat and it seems they have disabled the edge lighting colors for contacts. I am really disappointed by this. It was a nice feature to be able to see who was calling or texting when your phone was across the room. It was one of the reasons I went with the edge. Does anyone know if this is a glitch or if they will be bringing this feature back?

Last edited:

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
No, it is not a glitch. It is unclear as to whether they will bring it back or not. I liked that feature also.

Tachead7075

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
That is unfortunate. I don't see why they would take away a main selling feature for the edge with a new update. Had I have known they were going to take away features I might have went with a different model or brand. You would think that Samsung would want to keep as many customers happy as possible after the extremely slow updates and the whole Note 7 fiasco. Hopefully they will bring this feature back quickly.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I agree! I cannot think of any good reason, or any reason at all for that matter, as to why they would remove it. We shall see👀

pholo hlapane

Mar 27, 2017
Visit site
Bring back edge lightning... think of it this way, why shouldn't i know who's calling me while i'm across the room? so Y'all finna update but minus the innovation? C'mon!!

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
My edge lighting still works, also on my fiancè's phone. However it doesn't have different colors, all contacts light up as orange now
The edge lightning does work, but not in the same capacity that it used to. What was nice about it before is that you were able to assign colors to certain people and, from a distance, know who was calling. With them all being the same color, not so good:-(