Google assistant rolling out to UK it seems.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
If you change your phone language to English (US) and clear the cache and data for the Google app you'll get it now, but probably not worth it if the UK one is rolling out soon. I'd even try clearing the app data and cache while still on English (UK) and see what happens.

jhousden9

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
If you change your phone language to English (US) and clear the cache and data for the Google app you'll get it now, but probably not worth it if the UK one is rolling out soon. I'd even try clearing the app data and cache while still on English (UK) and see what happens.
I tried keeping my language on English (United Kingdom) and clearing the Google App Cache and App Data but to no avail.

I then did what you suggested, just with an added step. Change language to English (United States), clear the Google App Cache and App Data. Check to see if it works (it did!). Changed language back to English (United Kingdom) and it then works with a British accent instead of American.

I'll let you all know if it stops working since changing the language back to UK.

tshirttan408

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

This worked for me!

albie999

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Snap .. worked for me to .. even when I put it back to English (UK) .... it seems pretty good so far .. although, still trying to find out exactly what you can do. One thing that is missing (for now), is being to identify songs that are playing on the radio ... used to be able to do that with OK Google before

hakdaddy1

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Mine is back to English (uk) and Google assistant still working

Worked for me also, glad I came across this thread though I do miss the Google now on tap. Having fun with it so far though.

Just to note I just rebooted my phone as it was a little sluggish after adding Google assistant and thankfully there are no issues

CheeseNPort

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Thanks guys that worked.
Can confirm if you change the settings back to UK English it does go back

Same for me. Changed it to US, it worked fine. Changed it back to UK, it still worked fine for a bit but eventually it reverted back to Google Now. So the 2 options are either leave it in USA language or just wait for the update to come.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae