I've got decent battery life on my s7 edge since i got it about a year ago.

In the last few weeks, i am using my phone less yet the battery is dying drastically. I've always kept my screen at full brighteness and it still would last on probably a charge per day/day and a half with constant use. I am barely touching the thing and it is dying.

Went to bed with it at 95 percent. Woke up at 7 and it was at about 80%.
    Replied to some happy birthday facebook wall posts and by 11 in the morning, i had to recharge it. It is now 2:00 and battery is done 50%, with me having barely touched it since last charge.

I tried to update it to latest firmware, hoping it'd help. Nope.

Tells me "screen" at 10% is using the most battery. Facebook at 7% and android system at 7%.
    These are still small numbers. and it is still draining insanely.
    03-28-2017 01:36 PM
    The Facebook and Android …% seem a little high. My Facebook is 2 and Android 4 but your right, it does sound like it's draining pretty fast. Do you have all the stuff you might not use disabled?
    03-29-2017 08:37 PM
    I'm having the same problems. Took it off the charger this morning at 7:30am and it's now 9:53am and I have 51% battery. Says Android system is at 17%, android OS at 3%, screen is only 2%. But i have not been using it much. Very frustrating. I'm going to do a factory reset this weekend to see if that helps. Since the Nougat update its been pretty bad. Is Doze even working on the S7Edge? I also deleted the Facebook app over the weekend to see if that helps, but not much.
    03-30-2017 08:55 AM
    This is a known problem with Samsung. I'm on Verizon and when I did the update to Nougat I went from 5% - 7% an hour to 20% an hour. The amount of battery hog apps that got turned back on is outrageous. The gear VR app is the WORST offender. I downloaded BK Disabler and started killing apps. You can search the forum for "what to disable". It will dramatically enhance your battery life.
    Wizzy likes this.
    03-30-2017 11:01 AM
    I done a factory reset yesterday and so far cannot see any improvement to battery
    03-30-2017 11:05 AM
    hey guys, it was me who posted this topic before I made an account. also posted this same post under my username in another post.

anyway, a user suggested I delete the system cache. I was deleting app cache using an app cache cleaner and that wasn't working.
    so I did the clear system cache as in turned off my phone, entered the boot menu and select delete boot cache. I did this twice and it instantly worked. I had it on the charger and did this on 5%.
    booted my phone back up, and it said 85% in the matter of a minute. wtf?

anyway my phone has been normally charging the last few days. only charging about once a day with heavy use.

try that if you haven't. delete the cache twice just in case.
    04-02-2017 03:15 PM