What do S7 Edge owners think of the S8/S8+?

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Some will want the newest and greatest.

The s8 certainly has some impressive new features and spec bumps.

Personally I'll probably keep using my s7 edge and await to see what the Note 8 look like and performs.

jazz70

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
The s8+ looks like a great phone but for the time being I will be holding onto my s7e

I have been very pleased with the performance of Nougat on my s7e and don't see a pressing need or want to upgrade at this time

I am eligible for an upgrade now so I know VZ would gladly like me to get a new s8+ from them so they can get their hooks into me for another couple of years but I am going to wait and see how the Pixel II turns out and if it improves on the shortcomings of the first Pixel I will dump VZ and use the Pixel II on Project Fi

If the Pixel II is not to my liking I will just get a s8+ or Note 8 later in the year and stick with VZ

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
That 8 plus looks awesome, but I haven't had my 7 edge a year and I'm trying to wait on the next note. It's going to be a hard journey. Lol

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Not worth it to me. T-Mobile wants $130 down for the S8Plus. I paid half that down on Note 7 and nothing down S7Edge

osubass1

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
i've had my S7 edge since release last year.

its performance has degraded quite a bit recently. i've done several things to attempt to resolve the issues, but now it's at the point where it randomly reboots during use.

right now, i can't even install the latest security update that just came out from AT&T.

it's time for something new. the S8 is definitely it for me.

UPDATE: preorder has been placed.

Last edited:

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Not worth it to me. T-Mobile wants $130 down for the S8Plus. I paid half that down on Note 7 and nothing down S7Edge
I would imagine you will be getting the Note 8 like myself. I guess I could be wrong though, about you getting the Note 8 that is:)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I would imagine you will be getting the Note 8 like myself. I guess I could be wrong though, about you getting the Note 8 that is:)
I definitely plan on it but it does depend on how it looks. I sure hope they don't try to make it narrower

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I definitely plan on it but it does depend on how it looks. I sure hope they don't try to make it narrower
I would imagine it might be a little wider, but that's just my imagination☺ It will be a little more refined than the S8+. We shall see my friend👀

meyerweb

Banned
Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
Rarely is do the differences from one generation to the next (S7 to S8, G3 to G4, etc) make it worth the cost of an upgrade, unless there's some capability you really need. Two generations (S5 to S7, S6 to S8, G4 to G6) is, I think, the minimum to get any real benefit.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've talked to T-Mobile online on the phone and three different local stores and have heard about 5 different stories as to what down payment it's cetera and pre-ordering or not with jump on demand

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Too big, too curvey, hate having the fingerprint reader on the back. I am more interested in buying the refurbished Note 7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol