What do S7 Edge owners think of the S8/S8+?

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I too have had a play with both demo model s8 variants.

The size of my s7 edge is my sweet spot so I'd choose the s8.

The s8+ is too big for me.

What I'm wondering is why Samsung have decided to place a smaller capacity battery in the s8 compared to the s7 edge.

I'm sure the chip set should optimise but still why ?

efultz

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
right now my S7 edge is working fine. I like the bigger screen on the same footprint but not sure about the fingerprint scanner on the back. When my wife and kids' S6 wear out I may upgrade my S7 edge to S8 and give my S7 edge to them. But I will never purchase the S8+. It is just way too big.

I think the smaller battery was to overcompensate and not have the Note battery issue risk

beri

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Preordered mine, S8. I love my S7E I haven't noticed any hiccups or anything of the sort but I love having the latest device and my S7E is showing wear and tear. I'm really impressed with the design of the S8 and can't wait to get my hands on it!

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
The new S8 and S8+ do look nice, however, I am going to stick with my S7 Edge because there's nothing wrong with it and I don't need every single new phone that comes out. I personally don't have the money to buy every single new device that Samsung makes, so I will wait until I pay off this phone and by then the S9 should be out.

anon(10206632)

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
That 8 plus looks awesome, but I haven't had my 7 edge a year and I'm trying to wait on the next note. It's going to be a hard journey. Lol
Same here. Was at bestbuy last night. I so wanted one. I need my Note back so waiting for Note 8 BUT I honestly not too sure I'll be able to hold out until then. Sucks.

davisgq

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
The new S8 and S8+ do look nice, however, I am going to stick with my S7 Edge because there's nothing wrong with it and I don't need every single new phone that comes out. I personally don't have the money to buy every single new device that Samsung makes, so I will wait until I pay off this phone and by then the S9 should be out.

Same. I was compelled with the Note series and almost went with a Note 5 before going with the S7 Edge. I figured if I was going to upgrade after many years with Blackberry, then I should take advantage and get the latest, greatest, which happened to be the S7 series at the time :) I will see what they do with the Note 8 and maybe consider upgrading at that time, but I am in no rush to get an S8 despite all of the offers I am receiving for pre-orders. Now if Verizon gives me the S8 as a free or low-cost upgrade then the story might change :)

If not for Samsung Pay and the fantasic display, I would be tempted to get the new Blackberry Keyone. Haha. That keyboard though...

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I like the S8 and I would get one if I could win it or get one for free. I had to return my Note 7(twice) for the S7E and I think I will hold out for the Note 8, as I have had the whole note line (all 6). I like the S8+ if I were to get one.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Here is a picture of the s8plus with my Note 7 case next to it quite a close size reference I believe. Now for me this phone is pretty much a perfect size and I think I could get used to the fingerprint sensor I'm sure there's a way to become comfortable with its position
aa0384b8a35a6458bf4b24cab64683dc.jpg
e7168ea8064f9046c609ba5739d3bc8e.jpg
17e7eabd2698079c09ac2b9c22358c3e.jpg

mikgall123

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I sized up my note 7 next to the S8+ and they were just about the same size. I think the S8+ felt better in my hand and the screen on the S8+ took up tfhe whole front. Still love the Note7 though

mikgall123

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I sized up my note seven next to the S8 plus And did not see a difference at all.I think the s eight plusFeels good in the hand a perfect sizeAnd the screen takes up the whole front. I will not get rid of my Note 7 though. It is a great phone .

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Just helped my wife preorder the Verizon S8+. Somewhere around $24/mo after trading in her S7edge. Free Gear VR, game controller and Oculus game pack.

Super fast, 64gb, 6.2" screen are the main reasons.
Wow.... I went best buy and I am only paying $26 per month and keeping my S7 Edge.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
I have a question. I've had my iPhone since it released bc I had to turn my note 7 in. Now the s8 plus is about to release. I have verizon and instead of trading in my iPhone, I ordered the Verizon galaxy s8+ from Samsung website bc I could get the $99 package with the headphones and memory card.

I'm wondering how all this is going to work with Verizon.

I could have just finished paying half of my phone off and traded it in, but I want to be able to pay extra on my phone and pay it off quick.

Is insurance going to cover it? I didn't get Samsung care, can I add it?

Kind of a mess.

aha

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Everything about S8+ looks great, but I don't feel the need to upgrade from S7E.

The battery life is still a question too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781