What do S7 Edge owners think of the S8/S8+?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
We hear this every time a new handset is released. Sure, the battery is smaller, but OPTIMIZATION! You may never have to charge your battery again!

Near as I can tell, it's never once been true. It won't be this time, either. The S8+ will have worse battery life than the S7E. Bank on it.
That's true. I am always having to give my S7 edge a quick charge during the day, did with all my other phones also, so guess I'll be used to it with the S8+.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm not saying it won't. But I don't think it's as extreme as some are making it out to be. 10nm chips are very efficient.

Plus, my phones batteries always go to crap, regardless of make and model.

I had to charge my s7 twice a day, granted I'm on it a good bit.

Only phone I haven't had to do that with was the note 7, only had it like a month or two, and iPhone 6s Plus.

It's frustrating to have new gen phones go backwards in an important way. I don't think most manufacturers have gotten to where we as owenrs would ideally like them to be, battery life-wise. Yet, it's one step up and two back.

I especially recall the choruses of optimization and efficiency being particularly loud pre-S6 release. Then, the phone was releaased and, precictably, people complained about the battery life.

Regardless of new processors, the top juice guzzler on our phones, no matter which phone we have, is the screen.Putting a bigger screen with a smaller battery isn't going to ever be overcome with "optimization and efficiency." Not with current technology, anyway.

Battery life is high on my personal priority list. I've been mostly very happy with the S7E's battery life since I got it 13 motnhs ago. I chose it instead of the S7, who's form factor I prefer, specifically because I was thinking/hoping its bigger battery would be enough to compensate for its bigger screen and still be better overall. Which is how it turned out.

But I'm not falling for the smaller battery with bigger screen black magic.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
It's frustrating to have new gen phones go backwards in an important way. I don't think most manufacturers have gotten to where we as owenrs would ideally like them to be, battery life-wise. Yet, it's one step up and two back.

I especially recall the choruses of optimization and efficiency being particularly loud pre-S6 release. Then, the phone was releaased and, precictably, people complained about the battery life.

Regardless of new processors, the top juice guzzler on our phones, no matter which phone we have, is the screen.Putting a bigger screen with a smaller battery isn't going to ever be overcome with "optimization and efficiency." Not with current technology, anyway.

Battery life is high on my personal priority list. I've been mostly very happy with the S7E's battery life since I got it 13 motnhs ago. I chose it instead of the S7, who's form factor I prefer, specifically because I was thinking/hoping its bigger battery would be enough to compensate for its bigger screen and still be better overall. Which is how it turned out.

But I'm not falling for the smaller battery with bigger screen black magic.

It's 100mah difference between the s8+ and s7 edge.

Phones always start out good. But the battery life always deteriorates.

They could be full of crap but it will be interesting to see if the s8 battery deteriorates at a slower pace than previous phones.

mookie1027

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
the s7 edge is a wonderful phone but the s8+ is too long gated and not as wide as the s7+. finger printer sensor is horrible they just should of left that on the front of the phone. not a big fan of nougat had to have s7+ replaced 3 times due to I couldn't get email and battery issues draining.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
the s7 edge is a wonderful phone but the s8+ is too long gated and not as wide as the s7+. finger printer sensor is horrible they just should of left that on the front of the phone. not a big fan of nougat had to have s7+ replaced 3 times due to I couldn't get email and battery issues draining.
The S8 plus is a little wider than the 7 edge which helped my decision in preordering the S8 plus. Now the s8 I think is a little narrower which won't work for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox