I asked Verizon about any special despensation for N7 owners

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I was looking at S8's on Verizon's website today and the chat window popped up. I'd heard vague rumors that maybe they'd do something for the people that were paying monthly for their N7's with a year contract before getting to turn it in towards a new phone, but instead were forced into something else a few months into that year. I asked if there would be any special rules since none of us intended to start a new 1yr contract a few months ago. She said, "but they refunded you for the N7 right?" Yes, but that's not the point I tried to explain. I'm now going to have a pay a bunch more money to get out of my S7E, a phone that I never wanted and that I've had tons of problems with (I'm on my 2nd), but was the best alternative to the N7 at the time. She didn't seem to understand this line of reasoning so I gave up.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, there's not gonna be anything extra. They already gave like a hundred off if you got another Samsung phone. They can only lose so much money. Honestly, I feel like they did a good job with the whole process.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I really hope they said "hell no". I think they should have given you guys the option to NOT enter another contract, just buy something outright or get totally reset and use a spare phone, whatever.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't actually mind it if I had had a good experience with my S7e. I've never had so much hatred and loathing for such a good phone. Conversely, I've never loved a phone as much as I did the Note7. I've had endless frustration with miserable battery life, which was at least improved with Nougat (although today is back to old school sadness). I sent my first one back and had the same problems with the second. Then there is the wifi unreliability. It will also randomly decide not to charge on various wireless chargers. Then it will start working again a few months later, then decide not to charge on them a few months later. I've never had that problem with a phone. And the list goes on... If I had a S7e that worked like it was supposed to I'd be happy, but I've been looking forward to the day I could get rid of this phone for months. This and my N7 were my first foray into Samsung land from a long line of Moto maxx types that I was always happy with due to their large batteries. I guess I'm just venting my Samsung frustration on Verizon (and I suppose sort of on Samsung). I just hope the S8 sucks less. :-\

Last edited:

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
It's just me, but I wouldn't buy a phone I didn't want.

Well, I had to get something and the S7e seemed like 95% of the same phone as the N7 I was being forced out of. I came to Samsung because I was sick of crazy large Moto bezels. So there really weren't any other choices.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
With att we had the option to either get another phone ( any brand) or just return the n7, get refund and get our upgrade/next plan reversed. I assumed that's what all the cell companies were doing. That's pretty crappy if Verizon forced you to do another contract and take a phone you didn't want. Sorry you had so many issues with your edge. I'm grateful that I didn't have any issues and that if I didn't like the s7 edge I could take it back to get something else or just reverse my next plan back until a phone I wanted was available.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
With att we had the option to either get another phone ( any brand) or just return the n7, get refund and get our upgrade/next plan reversed. I assumed that's what all the cell companies were doing. That's pretty crappy if Verizon forced you to do another contract and take a phone you didn't want. Sorry you had so many issues with your edge. I'm grateful that I didn't have any issues and that if I didn't like the s7 edge I could take it back to get something else or just reverse my next plan back until a phone I wanted was available.
Verizon did the same thing that Att did. For some reason, people are upset with Verizon for doing everything they could to make it right.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Verizon did the same thing that Att did. For some reason, people are upset with Verizon for doing everything they could to make it right.

I was actually happy with what they did at the time. It was the best they could do with a crappy situation. I'm just salty because my phones (2 S7e's and 2 N7's) have both had so many problems. Well, the N7's just threatened to have problems I suppose.

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I got my S7 Edge the day before they cut off the annual upgrade option and they decided to just lump me into the 2 year payment plan. Buying the Note 7 screwed me that way. I was gonna call and complain but I decided not to even waste my time. Other than that they handled the return pretty well. Now I'm stuck with a phone I didn't originally want, but I love the S7 Edge so I guess I'll just suck it up for another year and half.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I traded in my Note 4 that was paid for for the Note 7. When I had to return the Note 7, unless I decided to live without a phone, I had to get a new phone that I wouldn't have traded my Note 4 to begin with. I do seem to remember either Tmobile, who I'm with, stating they would allow people who had the Note 7 to JUMP early if they wanted the S8 when it became available. But I'm sure that won't happen now unless the phones don't sell well

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Verizon did that to

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I traded in my Note 4 that was paid for for the Note 7. When I had to return the Note 7, unless I decided to live without a phone, I had to get a new phone that I wouldn't have traded my Note 4 to begin with. I do seem to remember either Tmobile, who I'm with, stating they would allow people who had the Note 7 to JUMP early if they wanted the S8 when it became available. But I'm sure that won't happen now unless the phones don't sell well
This is the reason I tell everyone, don't trade in your phone if you don't have a back up, keep some options open. If you trade off your options and have no choices then it's on you IMO. What if the note 7 never had the recall, but 2 months after getting it you dropped it and it stopped working, even with insurance you would be without a phone and no back up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12